1.0

katie's pov

"katie, let's go. they're going to be here soon!" luke yelled through my door as i tried to pick out a dress. i'd never been to a uni party, it felt weird. maybe i'll make some friends. i tried to match a dress to my ugly white cast, settling on a simple black dress i had stuffed in my suitcase. it didn't look wrinkled, so i decided to go with it. i gave myself another ten minutes to put on a tiny bit of makeup, the first time i'd worn any in weeks. there was a knock on my door as i finished with a tiny bit of mascara.

"katie, time to head out." this time it was calum. him and ashton decided to tag along with us for the hell of it. i left my room to join them in the living room as aiden and dan sat on the couch with luke.

"well don't you look nice!" aiden said, standing up to join me. i gave him a small smile and i thought i saw luke roll his eyes, but i wasn't quite sure. everyone else stood up and piled out of the door, calum locking it behind us. we all climbed into ashton's minivan, luke and i in the back once again. the drive wasn't too long until we pulled up in front of a large house with plenty of people coming in and out of it. we all got out and i followed behind luke and his friends as they said hi to various different friends of theirs. dan led the way to a kitchen where he started to mix each of us drinks. ashton opted for a water bottle instead with a smile.

"here you go, katie. enjoy!" i took a sip of the vodka concoction and it was delicious. you know what? fuck it. i chugged the whole thing as fast as i could before holding my cup out to dan for another.

"katie, maybe slow down a little, yeah?" luke said next to me as he slowly sipped his drink.

"simmer down, lucas. i'm having fun!" i grabbed his drink and began to chug it too, just to piss him off. he rolled his eyes before grabbing his cup from me and shooting me a glare.

"yeah, luke, simmer down," aiden mocked, making me glare at him as he handed me another drink.

"that's our thing, you can't say it," i whined as i gladly accepted the tasty beverage. aiden just laughed before sending me a quick wink.

"we should all go dance," he added, setting his now empty cup down. luke began to protest, so i grabbed him by the wrist and pulled him out after aiden until we reached the center of the crowded room. he needed to have fun tonight so i could have fun, too. no more being sad.

i felt the alcohol coursing through my veins as i jumped up and down to the upbeat music. dan joined us, laughing along. luke eventually let loose when i grabbed his arms and forced him to join the silly dancing. i felt the alcohol hitting me harder and harder the longer we danced, but i wasn't stopping yet.

luke's pov

this was the first time i'd seen katie truly enjoying herself. she was dancing around and shouting the lyrics to random pop songs i've never even heard. i couldn't help the smile on my face when i looked at her.

"we should do shots!" she yelled to aiden and i. he nodded his head and led her back to the kitchen, but i grabbed her arm.

"haven't you had enough to drink?" i asked, but she just rolled her eyes and grabbed my hand, lacing our fingers together.

"come on and let loose, lucas!" she giggled before finding aiden again, dragging me with her. she was holding my hand. why was she holding my hand? i revelled in the feeling as we made our way to the kitchen. i had no idea where dan and calum disappeared to, but i saw ashton sitting with a group of guys he must have known. aiden poured us each a shot and katie shot me the most beautiful smile before downing the whole thing much quicker than i expected her to. she handed me mine with her free hand, the other still holding mine for some reason. this was not how i expected the night to go. i took the shot and downed it with aiden. we stood and chatted absentmindedly for a while longer.