0.6

my head was pounding when i️ woke up. it was so bright out and the light was blinding. i️ groaned and threw my face in my pillow as someone pounded on the door. it sounded like thunder and i️ needed it to stop. i️ sat up slowly before walking over and opening the door. my flat mate aidan was standing there in trackies.

"there's some girl at the door for you?" he was rubbing his eyes meaning he had just woken up, as well. i️ dont think he got drunk last night, though. he has class today. what girl would be at the door for me?

"katie?" i️ rubbed my eyes a little and tried to stop the pounding, but nothing seemed to work.

"what? who's katie? no, it's some bird named laura." i️ was confused for a few seconds, but then i️ remembered last night. the last thing i️ remember is running out on her and downing a million shots. i️ push past aidan and to the front door where laura is standing. she's in different clothes from last night and her make up is gone, but she still looks beautiful.

"you're gonna make it up to me. not like, sleeping with me, but on a proper date. saturday night. deal?"

"i️ can do that, yeah. we can go out to eat, be back here by eight?" this is good. redemption is always good, maybe calum wont be so pissed at me now. laura nodded her head and then handed me a piece of paper with her number on it before walking out. aidan and dan walked in and just looked at me as if they wanted an explanation.

"what?" i️ sat down on the sofa and held my head, the pounding as loud as ever. they just stood in front of me raising their eyebrows, waiting for an explanation. we aren't really close, so i️ dont know why they're so interested.

"i️ met her last night at a party, what's the big deal?" i️ stood up slowly and walked back into my room, noticing the water bottle and medicine. i️ took it quickly as aidan and dan appeared in my doorway.

"so who's katie then?" aidan had a smirk on his face and he glanced down at my phone for a little bit just as it lit up. i️ grabbed it to see a couple messages from katie.

katie: hey hope you're doing better now

katie: make sure to drink tons of water

katie: and take it easy, yeah?

"did you go through my phone? katie's nobody, just a friend. fuck off." i unlocked my phone, wondering how she knew i️ got drunk last night. oh god.

"your phone went off and i️ was curious, calm down mate." aidan walked all the way into my room and sat down on my bed next to me. he didn't really have boundaries. instead of worrying about him though, i️ decided to focus on who told katie i️ was drunk. i️ closed my eyes and tried to remember last night and all i️ could remember was sitting outside on the phone.

"oh fuck." i️ quickly went to my recent calls and right there at the top was katie's name. what the fuck did i say to her? hopefully i️ didn't spill anything stupid that i️ would regret. i️ quickly called up calum and he answered right away.

"luke? why are you awake already?" aidan was still sitting next to me, but i️ pretended he wasn't.

"long story, what did i️ say to katie last night?" aidan's ears seemed to perk up and i️ pushed him away and pointed to the door. he laughed a little before leaving, but he kept the door open to annoy me. i️ cant wait to move out of here.

"that you were drunk and sorry but that you didn't shag laura. which, by the way, why the fuck not? you were doing so well and then you just stopped. and then on top of that you got drunk and called katie of all people. you're so lucky you didn't say anything stupid to her."