1.5

katie's pov

in the next few days luke took me on a lot of dates. he woud use anything as an excuse to ask me on a date, really. we had breakfast dates, lunch dates, dinner dates, movie dates, nap dates, literally anything we did together. michael had barely been back to even try and notice anything, which was slightly annoying. wasn't he supposed to be taking care of me? i didn't get why he even decided to do this. he could have just gotten a place with crystal on his own.

"he was supposed to be here twenty minutes ago," luke mumbled as he fiddled with his guitar. the boys were supposed to be having band practice, but michael was late. even ashton was pretty annoyed, which was rare for him. we sat for a few more minutes before him and crystal came through the door.

"sorry, sorry," he said before going and grabbing his guitar from his room. the boys all sighed and crystal sat next to me on the couch.

"what took you so long?" i asked her and she just rolled her eyes.

"my roommate made us have some stupid meeting about boundaries and then the traffic sucked," she said before pulling out her phone. i didn't pry anymore as michael made sure his guitar was tuned. they practiced for a bit and i mostly just tuned them out, texting rose. she was coming to melbs tonight, so i was pretty excited. i hated not being able to see her all the time.

rose: we should have a wine night at your place

katie: agreed. white?

rose: you know me so well

when the boys started to get bored with their practice and became less focused i brought up the idea.

"could we do a wine night with rose tonight?" i asked and crystal agreed with me.

"crystal, you have that thing with your roommate," michael reminded her, and she got all pouty about it.

"so michael's out?" luke asked, seeming a little annoyed.

"no, i'm in. i wasn't invited." well that's a shocker. i didn't think any of these guys would ever tell michael crystal wasn't invited to something, they came as a pair at this point.

"sweet! we can go the store before rose gets here then," i said with a smile. we all sat and watched tv for a bit, luke sitting on the opposite side of the room from me. he always got so awkward when michael was around, and usually he wasn't even here for more than half an hour. i could only imagine how tonight was going to go.

"where's rose going to sleep?" calum asked me, a little too curious. calm down, buddy.

"my room, probably. why?" he just shrugged and everyone else laughed at him.

"i'll probably stay at crystal's so she can have my room if she wants," michael told me. how kind of him.

"thanks, mikey. i'll make sure she doesn't steal anything." he just rolled his eyes at my comment. we didn't talk much for the next half hour before michael and crystal left so he could take her to her car and he could go buy the wine.

when rose got here michael still wasn't back. he left three hours ago, which was far too long for just dropping someone off and buying some wine.

"mikey really needs to get his shit together, huh?' rose asked as she sifted through the cabinets. she pulled out a small bottle of vodka and poured herself a shot. calum gave me a quizzical look, but i just shrugged. something was up with her.

"i'll text michael," luke said as he poured rose a glass of water. i saw her glare at him before pointedly taking another shot. she sighed when she saw me staring and plopped down next to me.