2.1

"it was nice seeing you, mate," michael said as jack said his goodbyes. he gave me a big hug before luke walked him down to his cab. we all sat around the living room eating snacks and watching a movie for a while. suddenly rose's phone began ringing and she left the room to answer. we could hear her yelling at whoever had called, so i went into my room to make sure she was okay.

"what's wrong?" i asked as she threw her phone onto the bed dramatically.

"of course laura's pissed i took dad's car, so apparently they're taking a bus down." any time rose's step sister showed up she was always on edge. it didn't help that she was close in age with us, so we were always forced to hang out growing up. when her step mom died, rose's dad, being the sweetheart he is, took her in like his own. it definitely drove her ego sky high and put a wedge between rose and her dad for a while.

"well it'll be nice to see paul!" i tried to lighten the mood, earning a small smile. michael came to the door to make sure everything was okay. michael was even less a fan of laura than i was, so he immediately had some excuse to leave. i didn't blame him this time, laura was always obsessed with him whenever she visited.

"tell paul to come up alone sometime," he added as he closed the door behind him. to distract rose further i let her do my makeup, something she always enjoyed doing to clear her head. after she put on the setting spray we waited a few more minutes before joining the boys in the living room again. luke looked like he was going to ask about the situation, but held his tongue when he saw rose's face. i was surprised when i heard calum speak up.

"are you okay?" he asked her quietly, sitting down next to her. she shrugged her shoulders and he didn't push, instead placing a hand on her knee. luke nudged me to make sure i noticed the gesture, a small smile on his face.

after a couple hours rose had to leave to go out to eat with her family. before she left she turned with instructions for us while she was gone.

"i better have an address to show up to when i'm done with them." with that she was out the door. calum sent a few texts to make sure we had somewhere to go, even though i wasn't totally in the mood. i had planned to spend a night in with luke, but he assured me we had plenty of time before leaving for just the two of us.

"follow me," he whispered before standing to go to his room. i got up and went with him, seeing him pull out his guitar. i loved having him play for me, and he seemed to enjoy it just as much. as he played a slow song i left a big kiss on his cheek, leaving behind a bright lipstick stain.

"oops!" i laughed glancing at us in the mirror. i went to wipe it away, but he pushed my hand back down.

"no i like it, it's art," he giggled, staring at himself in the mirror.

"you're a work of art," i mumbled, earning an enthusiastic kiss in response. as the kiss deepened i realized how truly comfortable i felt with luke. he was so amazing to me in every way, i wanted to return the favor however i could. as my shirt lifted i went for the buckle of his jeans. my confidence grew with each moment, i left pink lipstick stains down his neck as we lost article after article of clothing.

"katie, are you sure?" i nodded enthusiastically as luke looked down at me, worry etched in his features. his face confused me, knocking my confidence slightly.

"i just really don't want to rush into this," he said, tucking my hair behind my ear. "i really like you, katie."

i could feel my face getting red as i nodded along with him, sitting up and tossing him his shirt. he picked up the guitar and set it on my lap, taking my mind off of my latest awkward attempt at intimacy. he played for a while longer before there was a knock on the door.