1.6

katie's pov

when i woke up in the morning the sun was shining brightly through the window. i could feel the breeze against my skin, meaning someone opened the window. when i opened my eyes luke was sitting up on the bed next to me, a pencil and notebook in hand. he had a pair of loose boxer shorts on and his hair was messy. i watched him closely, watching his every movement. he began humming softly, making me smile.

i continued watching him until the door to his bedroom burst open. i pulled the covers over my body quickly with a yelp as rose jumped onto the bed next to me.

"it is a great day, katie," she said, relaxing out. luke just stared at her, shocked, but she didn't seem to notice.

"and why is that, rose?" i asked her. she just giggled and gave me a knowing look before luke cleared his throat. when i realized that i was still naked the front door to the flat opened.

"i'm back!" michael. oh fuck. my eyes went wide and i jumped to the floor, grabbing my tshirt from the night before and the first pair of shorts i saw, throwing them both on quickly. when luke and rose both laughed at me i glanced down, realizing i threw on luke's boxer shorts instead of my own. i rolled my eyes at them before jumping back on the bed and covering my legs with the blanket. seconds later michael walked through the door.

"oh i was wondering where everyone was. what are you two doing in luke's bed?" he asked, looking very confused.

"we were having a gossip session with luke, care to join?" thank god for rose. i smiled at my brother as he just looked at her.

"what could you possibly have to gossip with luke about?" i glanced over at rose, waiting. she just smiled a little before turning back to michael.

"you really don't want to know, mikey." he just rolled his eyes before turning to luke.

"we're still practicing later right?" luke mumbled something about how they could start whenever, the pencil still hovering over the paper. michael looked between all of us once more before turning back to luke.

"put a shirt on around my sister dude, i don't need her getting any ideas," he said before walking out and closing the door behind him. i rolled my eyes as rose burst into laughter. she laughed so hard i had to hit her arm to get her to stop. luke still looked slightly concerned, which just made me roll my eyes again.

"so now what?" luke asked, his attention on rose. she just gave him a confused look.

"with calum?" rose just kind of shrugged him off, not really understanding what he meant.

"i'm not katie, luke, i don't need it to mean something," she said, laying her head on my shoulder.

"well what if calum does?" i turned to him, my eyes open. i'm almost positive i had heard calum making multiple comments about his many one night stands.

"that's not what he told me." rose got up and threw my actual shorts at me before leaving the room. i glanced down at the boxers i was wearing, american apparel written on the band.

"we should eat breakfast," i said, but luke just nodded his head, returning his attention to the notepad. i quickly threw the shorts on and went out into the living room to see calum cooking beakfast in a pair of joggers. i thought i heard him whistling, but i chose to ignore it.

after going to my room and throwing on actual clothes i headed back out to the living room. calum and rose were sitting on the couch with plates on their laps.

"so how was your night, katie?" calum asked me, taking a giant bite of his eggs.

"not as good as yours, i think," i mumbled with a smirk. rose laughed and calum choked slightly on his eggs before turning the television volume up. luke stumbled out a little later, plopping down next to me. he didn't even flinch when michael came out of his room, surprisingly not followed by crystal. he grabbed his guitar from the corner and sat down near the window to tune it. why was he being so weird?