0.8

katie's pov

when i woke up i noticed i still had my head on luke's shoulder. he must have fallen asleep when i did. i got up as quietly as i could and headed into the kitchen for breakfast. it seemed like everyone else was asleep. i poured myself a bowl of cereal and sat quietly for a minute. you know, this is the perfect chance to check my phone, nobody would stop me. i crept into my room quickly and saw it sitting under luke's leg. i slid it out as quietly as possible before getting back to the kitchen. i scrolled through the notifications to see what's been happening.

it turns out word spreads fast when your boyfriend cheats on you at his own party and you run out of the house crying. i had 30 missed calls, almost 70 texts, 4 voicemails, and even a few twitter dms. the missed calls included 17 from james, 5 from madison, 2 from jane, 4 from unkown numbers, and 2 from liam. i checked the texts and they were mostly from the same people. i responded to madison, lily, and jane telling them i'm okay and ignored the ones from james and liam. that would just make me sad. because he cheated on me. he told me he loved me and then cheated on me. again. who does that?

"good morning. katie, why are you crying?" i jumped at michael's voice and dropped my phone to the ground. when i picked it up it was completely shattered. that's great.

" i thought rose took your phone away from you. you shouldn't be on it," he continued to talk while i sat back down at the counter, defeated.

"well now i can't since i just broke it, so are you happy?" i snapped at him, causing him to sigh. he sat down next to me and poured himself a bowl of cereal without saying anything else. we sat in silence for a while staring at the counter.

"where's luke?" he asked after a while. oops i forgot he slept in my room. i wonder how michael's going to feel about that.

"we fell asleep while watching master chef last night and he was still sleeping when i woke up."

"he slept in your room?" he sounded slightly annoyed, but it also looked like he was trying not to get angry.

"not on purpose, we were just tired. it's fine, mikey." he rolled his eyes, but didn't say anything else. a couple minutes luke walked out, rubbing his eyes.

"good morning, everyone." luke yawned a little, he still looked tired. michael didn't say anything, just stared at his phone.

luke looked slightly confused before he seemly realized why michael could be mad at him.

"mike, i fell asleep. don't be mad at me, please." he got puppy dog eyes as he looked at my brother, who waited a few seconds before sighing.

"it's all good, luke," that went well, i guess. it's not like michael had any valid reason to be angry so that helps.

luke's pov

holy fuck that was close. he didn't seem happy, imagine if he knew that i like katie. he can't find that out, that would not go well for me. not that anything is ever going to come of it since katie obviously doesn't like me. oh well, luke, no biggie. but man did it feel amazing to sleep next to her.

"so any plans for today?" i asked, trying to break the awkward silence. katie shook her head no, looking down at her phone. wait, where'd she get that?

"why do you have your phone?" i asked, grabbing it from her hands. i noticed the screen was completely destroyed and barely worked.

"what the hell, luke? give me my phone!" she yelled at me, jumping out of her seat.

"katherine, i want rose to like me so that's a no." i heard michael laugh in front of me, making katie hit him in the arm. he yelped a little and rubbed his arm as if it hurt a lot.