0.7

i had to go in at seven in the morning to take the exam, but luckily i convinced michael to wait to leave until around 10.  that gave me plenty of time to finish the exam, pack, and be on the road. michael was driving us, but he said we could take turns every so often. he was on edge the entire time, so i kept my headphones in when he drove. he didn't seem to want to talk about it, and i was too worried i would say something i would regret. calum was pissed at me for going, but he could get over it. at least ashton understood, i have to be there for her. and besides, i'm the person that she called. which, by the way, was sort of hard to explain to michael. i thought calum would let it go when i told him about the date i was going on. wait. shit. fuck. and i didn't even have her number saved in my phone to text her. i'm such a shitty guy, wow.

luke: mate i need a huge favour

aidan: hmm depends

luke: please go into my room and send me a pic of that girl from thursday's number

aidan: can't you get it later tonight? you'll have to be back before your date

luke: that's why i need it, i can't go on the date

aidan: mate just go, you can get laid

luke: seeing as i'm over halfway to sydney right now i don't think that's a possibility

instead of aidan typing anything my phone started to ring. i turned it down enough to make sure michael couldn't hear a word before i answered aidan's call.

"luke, why the fuck are you going to sydney?" he asked me, he sounded stupefied. it does seem a little odd considering he knows nothing of the situation.

"it's a long story, can you just send me the picture please?" michael was glancing at me weird and i felt like too bad a person to tell him i was cancelling a date. he would definitely think something was up if i told him that.

"so that katie bird lives in sydney, yeah?" i refrained from rolling my eyes before closing them. he would not let this one go, would he?

"you are correct, come on aidan," i groaned quietly and i heard him shuffling on the other end.

"alright, mate, i'm sending it now. get a nice shag in for me, yeah?" before i could respond the line went dead and my music started to play again. i received his text message and quickly added laura into my contacts.

luke: okay this is going to sound like such a dick move and i'm so so sorry it's just something came up and i can't do dinner tonight because, long story short, i'm on my way to sydney. it was kind of an emergency, im really really sorry

laura: seriously?

luke: im so so sorry

laura: goodbye luke

i decided pleading for forgiveness wasn't my best bet with this girl, so i just turned my phone off. i turned my music up and thought about katie for a while before finally drifting off. i had a dream where katie came running down the stairs crying after seeing liam, but this time i was there to hold her while she cried.

-

"mate, wake up," michael said while shaking my arm slightly. i opened my eyes to see the clifford residence in front of me. it looked exactly the same from when i was last here, but somehow it felt so different. i followed michael out of the car and into the house. two figures, katie and rose, sat on the couch in front of us when we entered. they were covered in blankets and tissues and there were two empty popcorn bowls on the floor. a chick-flick was playing on the tv and they both were laughing at something. katie looked so beautiful and it broke my heart. i could tell she had been crying and it absolutely killed me.