0.2

i was woken up to loud knocking on my door followed by michael's screaming voice. when i finally got up the strength to open my eyes and looked at my phone it was only half past eight. i just groaned and shoved my face into my pillow to block out the light.

"katherine, mum said it's a family breakfast and i don't get my answer unless you're there so you better get up right now or i'm dumping a bucket of cold water on you. don't test me." my covers were ripped off of my body and i whined before slowly sitting up. i glared at the red headed boy before slowly standing. i followed him into the dining room that we never used, but at the table sat my parents, crystal, and michael's friends. the table usually only sat 6, but there were two extra chairs squeezed in to make everyone fit. michael, crystal, and i sat across from the three nervous boys while my parents sat at the heads of the table.

"good morning, sweetheart," my mum said, her voice sweeter than normal. i nodded, not quite awake, as i glanced at all of the food. this is what my mom did whenever we had visitors, she would make the biggest breakfast of cinnamon rolls, scrambled eggs, sausage, pancakes, etc. i immediately grabbed a couple pancakes and a cinnamon roll, but everyone else just sat around nervously pushing the food around their plates. they were waiting for the verdict from my parents. as i poured myself some orange juice mum cleared her throat.

"so, michael." the boys all shared eye contact before looking at mum, sitting up straighter and trying to look as presentable as possible. it was pretty cute, the way they would straighten their shirts and fix their hair.

"yeah?"

"i have a question." michael nodded his head as he took a sip of his juice. he began cutting into some sausage, trying to play as cool as he could. the other boys followed suit and began to eat their food excruciatingly slow.

"you don't have a job. if i say yes, how would you be paying for this apartment?" michael's nervous eyes shot to his friends, but ashton quickly stepped in.

" i actually work in a record shop in melbs and they're looking for people to hire." his voice was as calm as he could make it, shaking a tiny bit as he made eye contact with mum. she could really be quite scary at times, she intimates most people before they get to know her. dad is the sweetheart, always giving in when you asked him for something. i was his little girl, so naturally i got out of trouble if i gave him some pouty eyes.

"alright. katie?" i swallowed my bite of pancakes before looking at her, feeling my nerves kicking in.

"yeah, mum?" she looked at me, her face relaxed, but there was something in her eyes.

"just making sure you're awake." i furrowed my eyebrows, but continued eating. she cleared her throat one more time and turned to michael.

"fine. you can do the band thing," she began speaking, quickly being interrupted by cheers from all of the boys. luke thanked her multiple times and she gave him a genuine smile before turning back to my brother.

"there are some rules, though." michael quickly nodded at her, the smile not leaving his face.

"i'll pay half of your share of the rent, i'll even include money for groceries, and as a gift from your father and i we'll cover cable and internet for the first few months. you have to text me whenever you have any type of gig, and you must come home for holidays." michael started cheering and thanking her over and over again, but she just stuck her hand out to silence him.

"one more thing, and this is the deal breaker, michael." he nodded his head quickly, clutching onto crystal's hand. i gave him a smile when our eyes met before we all turned back to mum.

"you have to let katie go with you and you will help her look into the unis in melbourne."

"what the fuck?" i stood up, my face going red as the words left my mouth. whatever, i have the right to be mad. she can't do this. she has to be joking, right? without batting an eye mum spoke,