0.4

katie's pov

i woke up to my phone ringing, liam's name flashing on my screen. i scrambled to unplug it and click the green button. my voice was groggy and my eyes barely open, but i managed to let out some words.

"kate? i'm probably going to start heading over in five, okay? see you then!" before i could even say anything i heard the click and the line went dead. oh shit. i quickly scrambled out of my bed and went into the bathroom. i brushed through my hair, probably ripping out at least a thousand strands in the process. i made my way into the kitchen clad in my pyjama shorts and tshirt to eat a quick cereal bar. luke was passed out on the couch, sprawled out in just his shorts. calum was on the other couch curled up with a blanket and ashton in a ball on the recliner. i tried to make as little noise as possible while i rummaged through the cupboards. i found a breakfast bar and pulled it out, knocking over a a box of biscuits in the process. they landed on the floor with a much louder crash than i expected. i heard someone, luke i think, saying something from the living room. damn i woke him. i took my breakfast toward the source of the noise and sat down at the end of luke's sofa. he was sitting up and stretching his arms up, his eyes full of sleep. his hair was sticking up in random directions and his back muscles were moving in all kinds of ways. if i must say, he looked pretty damn attractive.

"good morning, sleeping beauty," i said to him, causing his head to shoot over in my direction. he obviously didn't know i was there. i unwrapped my bar and began eating, scrolling through instagram in the process.

"how'd you sleep?" i asked, trying to hold a conversation with him. i enjoyed luke's company, he was a good guy. i could really see myself being good friends with him. usually i never liked michael's friends too much, but these guys were pretty rad.

"alright, i guess. this couch isn't really the comfiest." i nodded along with his comment, knowing just how uncomfortable our couch was.

"maybe tonight you can use my bed instead," i laughed earning a giggle from the noodle. i suddenly remembered that liam would be here any minute and sprung up, running to the bathroom. i brushed my teeth in record time and heard the doorbell ringing as i rinsed out my mouth. shit. i don't need michael answering the door and freaking out on liam, that would not be good. i ran to the door as michael began opening his bedroom door and let liam in.

"hey!" i ushered him inside and he followed quickly. he looked me up and down a little, his eyebrows furrowed together.

"what are you wearing?" i just then realized i was still in my pyjamas, totally forgetting to change.

"when you called you woke me up, i didn't have time to change." my face was red as we walked further into the house, entering the living room. he just nodded at me before his eyes became fixed on something in the room. i turned to see luke still sitting there shirtless on his phone, calum and ashton now gone.

"what the fuck katie?" liam turned to me and yelled, he seemed pretty angry, but i had no idea why.

"what?" i was just confused, he had only been here for a minute and he was already angry with me.

"you're in these shorts with your ass hanging out and this fucking guy is sitting here shirtless? jesus, why'd you even invite me over." luke stood up and started to walk towards us, his face getting red.

"liam what are you even talking about? i'm in pyjamas and luke is michael's friend that spent the night! that's it, i promise!" he just sort of glared at me as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"so you're just her brother's friend then?" liam got pretty defensive sometimes, he was just jealous. luke just kind of looked at him, completely shocked.