March 15

Ugh this took a turn for the worse. Jack is doing great and the detox is actually helping him, but here's the deal. He VOLUNTARILY went and checked himself in. For a THREE DAY hold. The absolute MOST he was supposed to do was seven days. Fine. We were prepared for that and they did decide to keep him for about 5 days. He called me about an hour ago saying they're trying to keep him for 22 days. He said they can't do that, that the mental health facility HERE that he actually went through said it would be no longer than 7 days. They said now that they have him they can keep him as long as they want. He asked to speak with his doctor, they said no. The guy he spoke to won't even tell him his name. I decided to look up the reviews for this place and this is what I found.

Hopefully that's not too blurry to read

Hopefully that's not too blurry to read. Apparently this is a regular thing this fucking place does. And since it's Sunday I wasn't able to get ahold of the mental health center here. I could understand if they were genuinely concerned about letting him go to early, but to have so many people with the same experience, to be denied access to speak to your doctor, and to have your actual mental health center's agreements denied is absolute bullshit. I can't wait to talk to him tomorrow and then raise hell to those people. They act like people don't have lives and families and jobs to get to. Like, I hope whatever happens works out for the best for him but as for right now with the little information we've been given, I'm fucking enraged.

Update:
Thank God. He was able to get it figured out. He'll be coming home tomorrow or the next day.
Still a shitty ass institution though.