𝟎𝟏𝟕. behind the black horizon

𝐀/𝐍: 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲𝐧'𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐟𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐩.

𑁦 ̥ ゚☆ᱺ *܂☽
▎𝑴𝑨 𝑪𝑯𝑬𝑹𝑰𝑬   ▎
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN ─── behind the black horizon

             IT WAS THE next morning and let's just say that Evelyn wasn't in the brightest of moods after throwing up blood on the forest ground of the Mystic Woods, her hands leaning against the tree in front of her as she was trying to keep her...

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

             IT WAS THE next morning and let's just say that Evelyn wasn't in the brightest of moods after throwing up blood on the forest ground of the Mystic Woods, her hands leaning against the tree in front of her as she was trying to keep her balance, taking deep breaths as she was trying to regain herself, only to have dizziness take over before the world around her started spinning which caused her to throw up once more.

Evelyn was already frustrated by the fact that Freya's herbs had worn off, but the feeling of being watched while she threw her guts out didn't make it any better, or the fact that Lucien drugged her and by the time she had woken up, she was finding herself in a car, on her way to the place she never wanted to step foot in again.

Lucien stood behind her as he rubbed his hand over her back in a comforting way (even though it wasn't really comforting right now) while Freya and Vincent, who were forced to go with them on this trip, were standing a few feet away. They shared a look before they turned their heads towards the brunette, looking at her with concern. Freya simply wanted to get to her sister and use her magic to soften the pain, but thanks to whatever Lucien had done, the Original witch wouldn't be able to use her abilities.

Lucien looked at Evelyn and clenched his jaw as he noticed that the poisoned veins had spread towards her face, at both sides of her cheeks and her forehead. He was concerned that at the rate the veins grew, they would reach her heart faster than planned.

''You okay?'' Lucien eventually asked as he saw the relieved look on Evelyn's face, signing to him that nothing came up her throat anymore. Evelyn, who still had her eyes closed tightly, nodded slowly her head. ''Can you walk?'' She nodded again and opened her eyes before she pushed herself away from the tree, but as soon as she did, she lost balance.

Luckily, Lucien grabbed her with his vamp-speed before she would hit the forest floor and lifted her up in his arms. ''Ugh! This feels even worse than the last time I was drunk...'' Evelyn complained grabbing her head with one hand while the other held onto Lucien's neck. ''Worst date ever! Why does it have to be this place? I hate it here.''

Lucien laughed in amusement, ''Think of it as a date with destiny, ma chérie.'' He looked down at the girl in his arms, who was clearly not amused by all of this as they walked further through the woods, hoping they would stop soon. ''Though, I admit, four is a crowd. Freya and Vincent are a necessary evil, I'm afraid, Vincent is here to keep her in check should she misbehave, and Freya is here because I need her blood.''

''Yeah, you're leaving out the part where I ain't exactly here of my own volition, man. The Ancestors must have lost their damn minds!'' Vincent called out angrily which caused Lucien to smile in amusement, ''Quite the opposite! I've never dealt with a saner bunch. See, when I arrived in New Orleans, I made them a deal. Upon my request, they would grant me access to the Regent...'' Lucien gestured to Vincent for emphasis while Freya rolled her eyes, ''And, in exchange, I'd provide for them a world without the Original family, and just my sweet Evelyn.''