𝟎𝟐𝟓. haunter of ruins

𝐀/𝐍: 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲𝐧'𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐟𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐩.

𑁦 ̥ ゚☆ᱺ *܂☽
▎𝑴𝑨 𝑪𝑯𝑬𝑹𝑰𝑬   ▎
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE ─── haunter of ruins

            IT HAD BEEN early in the morning when Lucien woke up from his slumber, the sun shining through the small gap between the curtains onto the Original next to him, making her glow in the light

            IT HAD BEEN early in the morning when Lucien woke up from his slumber, the sun shining through the small gap between the curtains onto the Original next to him, making her glow in the light. The birds chirped next to the window which made it very pleasant to wake up, especially when he realized that for the first time in five years, he had the chance to wake up beside the love of his life again.

He turned to look at Evelyn, brushing some of the hair out of her face and smiled as he thought about how lucky he was to have someone like her, and that she had given him a second, no, a third chance to make it right between.

Although, the first one wasn't totally his fault, but the second one definitely was. He had been so hell-bent on revenge as he wanted to get back at Klaus and Elijah for what they had done to keep them apart that he wasn't thinking straight and broke her heart, but Evelyn being the forgiving type forgave him and that was something he was very grateful for.

He was definitely not going to waste it and treat her right as all he wanted was to make her happy, and after five years apart, he had realized how much he needed her in his life, more than he did before. He had been trying to find himself again and be the person she fell in love with, the more human version of himself, not the bloodthirsty, vengeful, manipulative vampire he had been in the past. He didn't want to be that person anymore.

Lucien knew she had made mistakes in the past and about the rumors that hang around Evelyn about what kind of person she was; A manipulative, psychopathic killer who liked to kill for fun with her twin brother, but he had never seen it. He had never seen that side of her, and sure, she had threatened him once or twice when she found out that he was working with Tristan and Aurora, or the time she found out about him helping the redhead escape, but she would never hurt him. She would never do it on purpose.

Evelyn had been afraid that when Lucien found out that he would leave her, but when she confessed that she didn't want to be that person anymore and be better, he told her that it didn't change the way he felt about her, he loved her just the same. He loved her for the person she was and everything about her.

And that was exactly what she thought about him, she loved him for the person he was. She saw the real him underneath everything he had done. She knew he made mistakes, but so did she and like she would put it, ''We're not perfect, but I think we're perfect for each other.''

They helped each other see that they were perfect the way they are, even with the messed up parts and they accepted each other for it.

Lucien saw Evelyn as a sweet, forgiving and caring person who could be unpredictable and have a bad temper sometimes while she saw him as a loving and protective person who could be cocky and have a big ego. They showed each other that it was okay to be who they are as they were two thousand-year-old vampires, who both had been through so much heartbreak and pain. They picked up each other's pieces and made them whole again.