𝟎𝟑𝟓. voodoo child

𝐀/𝐍: 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲𝐧'𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐟𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐩.
⚠︎ 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠: 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝! ⚠︎

𑁦 ̥ ゚☆ᱺ *܂☽
▎𝑴𝑨 𝑪𝑯𝑬𝑹𝑰𝑬 ▎
CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE ─── voodoo child

             EVELYN WAS IN the middle of quickly washing two baby bottles before she filled them up with formula and set them on the table, raising her voice to shout to the other room, ''Bottles are a go!'' Let's just say it went crazy in the pen...

EVELYN WAS IN the middle of quickly washing two baby bottles before she filled them up with formula and set them on the table, raising her voice to shout to the other room, ''Bottles are a go!'' Let's just say it went crazy in the penthouse as both Evelyn and Lucien were getting challenged by their two adorable children. There were a lot of sleepless nights, not that they needed it, but still. The feeding, the crying, the diaper changes...

A timer beeped behind the female Upgraded Original, and she opened the oven to check on the meal she was cooking, smiling happily when she smelled the food inside it. However, after a moment, her nose wrinkled as though she smelled something rotten and indeed something was rotten.

Lucien walked into the room with two dirty diapers in one hand at arms length away from him. ''Whew! Diapers also a go.'' Lucien said making Evelyn look at it with disgust which mirrored Lucien's expression. ''Like, go away with them.''

''Ugh!'' Evelyn complained as Lucien handed the diapers to Evelyn, who gingerly pinched it between her thumb and index finger in an attempt to touch as little of it as possible.

''Sorry.'' Lucien apologized before he took the bottles and rushed back into the other room to feed the twins, giving the brunette an apologetic expression as he walked out.

Evelyn wrinkled her nose again, just as her phone started ringing on the kitchen counter. She used her elbow to answer it on speaker when she saw that it was Kol.

''Brother.'' Evelyn said in a hurried voice as she walked around the kitchen.

''Hey, E.'' Kol greeted her from the other side of the line before he heard the cries of the twins in the background. ''Is this a bad time?''

''No, it's not.'' Evelyn told Kol with a smile. ''I'm glad to hear from you, how are you?''

''I'm good, I just wanted to call and ask how you were holding up.''

''Well, there's a little contamination going on right now, but further it's going great.'' Evelyn told her twin brother as she threw the diapers in the bin. ''I'm great, Luc is great, the twins are great, everything is great.''

''And you totally don't sound sarcastic.'' Kol told her in a joking way causing a smile to appear on Evelyn's face. ''If you need my help-''