𝟎𝟑𝟖. one wrong turn on bourbon

𝐀/𝐍: 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲𝐧'𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐟𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐩.

𑁦 ̥ ゚☆ᱺ *܂☽
▎𝑴𝑨 𝑪𝑯𝑬𝑹𝑰𝑬 ▎
CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT ─── one wrong turn on bourbon

𑁦 ̥ ゚☆ᱺ *܂☽▎𝑴𝑨 𝑪𝑯𝑬𝑹𝑰𝑬   ▎CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT ─── one wrong turn on bourbon

IT WAS EARLY in the morning when Evelyn woke up from her slumber. Her eyes twitched as she was trying to adjust to being awake around this hour, but quickly noticed that neither Rosalie or Henrik were by her side anymore like they were last night.

A frown appeared on her face as the brunette had no idea where her children were. ''Henrik? Rosie?'' She questioned, but got no response and already started to expect the worst. She pulled off the covers and got out of bed.

For her it felt like something was off as she didn't hear the sound of their heartbeats. ''You still think they don't know...'' A female voice sounded behind her which made Evelyn turn around, however, no one was there.

''Hello?'' Evelyn heard a whooshing sound from her left which made the brunette on edge as she heard it again from her right. ''Show yourself!''

A chuckle sounded through the penthouse which made a frown appear on Evelyn's face. ''You're trying to protect your children from the supernatural world, but how can you do that when you can't even protect your friends?''

Evelyn's eyes widened and gasped softly, twirling around towards the source of the sound only to find nothing. ''It wasn't my intention. I wanted to protect Hayley.'' Evelyn muttered as she tried to focus her hearing to find the source again.

''Protect her?'' She heard the same female voice say again and as Evelyn turned around again she came face to face with a dark silhouette with glowing red eyes. ''How can you protect her as you can't even protect yourself? Or anyone for that matter.''

''W-What?'' Evelyn asked and slowly took a step back as she looked at the dark silhouette.

''You failed her...'' The dark silhouette answered which made Evelyn back off even further. ''You failed your niece, your brother, your sister, your children and you even failed your precious Lucien.''

Evelyn shook her head, ''No.''

''All the pressure you're putting on yourself, you poor thing.'' The dark silhouette said, stepping out of the shadows. Evelyn gasped in shock when she saw who it was. She watched herself standing in front of her, she was throwing all the blame at herself. ''You have tried to reunite your family, you failed. You tried to lead the vampires, you failed and even as a mother, you-''