𝟎𝟒𝟎. between the devil and the deep blue sea

𝐀/𝐍: 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲𝐧'𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐟𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐩.

𑁦 ̥ ゚☆ᱺ *܂☽
▎𝑴𝑨 𝑪𝑯𝑬𝑹𝑰𝑬   ▎
CHAPTER FORTY ─── between the devil and the deep blue sea

𑁦 ̥ ゚☆ᱺ *܂☽▎𝑴𝑨 𝑪𝑯𝑬𝑹𝑰𝑬   ▎CHAPTER FORTY ─── between the devil and the deep blue sea

            IT HAD ALMOST been two weeks since Hayley went missing. In that time, Hope, Rosalie and Henrik had all returned to the Salvatore Boarding School for the Young and Gifted while Klaus, Evelyn, Lucien and Freya had been searching for the female Hybrid. Klaus and Evelyn had their trip towards France to visit Elijah only to find out their elder brother had moved on with his life and had no desire to remember his past or any of them for that matter.

While the two Mikaelson siblings were in France, Freya, Lucien and Marcel did everything they could to search for Hayley in New Orleans, however, they were still no closer to finding out what had happened to her.

It was still pretty early in the morning when Evelyn woke up from her slumber, feeling two arms wrap secure around her waist. She couldn't help but smile as she turned around in the grip of her lover, moving some hair that had fallen in front of his face behind his ear before she slowly moved up in a sitting position as she tried not to wake him up.

She thought he looked adorable as he held onto her, there was something about Evelyn that made him sleep with a peaceful mind as he knew she was right by his side, while she felt peace within herself when she was in his arms, like they always had belonged together and in one way or another, they did.

Lucien moaned as he felt her move before he buried his face further in his pillow which made Evelyn giggle softly. She opened the drawer of her bedside table, pulling out her sketchbook and pencil before she turned back to his sleeping form and let the pencil take control of the paper as she gazed at her fiancé every now and then to create another one of her perfect masterpieces.

As minutes passed by and slowly became hours, it didn't take long before Lucien opened his eyes. ''Morning, mon amour.'' Evelyn greeted him with a smile as he moaned, slowly sitting up next to her. ''What time is it?'' He questioned, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes while Evelyn licked her lips at the sound of his morning voice.

''It's a little after eleven.'' Evelyn answered before she felt his lips on her shoulder, slowly making his way up to her neck before he glanced at her drawing. ''It's beautiful.'' He told her with a smile, kissing slowly up to her cheek.

Evelyn smirked. ''Well, I do have a very handsome muse.'' She told him before she placed her sketchbook down on her bedside table and moved onto his lap, placing her hands on his cheeks as she leaned in and kissed him softly on the lips. ''It's nice waking up like this.'' Lucien mumbled against her shoulder as he slipped his hands around her waist once again. ''...Just as waking up with our adorable angels jumping on the bed.''