𝟎𝟑𝟏. voodoo in my blood

𝐀/𝐍: 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲𝐧'𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐟𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐩.
⚠︎ 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠: 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝! ⚠︎

𑁦 ̥ ゚☆ᱺ *܂☽
▎𝑴𝑨 𝑪𝑯𝑬𝑹𝑰𝑬 ▎
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE ─── voodoo in my blood

𑁦 ̥ ゚☆ᱺ *܂☽▎𝑴𝑨 𝑪𝑯𝑬𝑹𝑰𝑬   ▎CHAPTER THIRTY ONE ─── voodoo in my blood

HOPE WAS LOOKING curiously at the jawbone of the Hollow which was lying on the table trapped in a circle of salt, moving around as she moved. She turned her head to the side as she heard whispers in the background. Hayley walked into the living room, looking concerned at her daughter before asking, ''Hope, what's going on?''

''Mom?'' Hope asked as she turned around to face her mother. ''Can you hear them, too?''

Hayley grabbed Hope's hands in concern, pulling her away from the bone as she squatted down in front of the little girl as Klaus walked into the room, asking, ''What's going on?''

Hope looked back at the bone. ''Look at me.'' Hayley said as she placed her hand on her daughter's cheek, looking at her curiously. ''Tell me what you heard.''

''Voices.'' Hope answered. ''They said that we're connected to this. You and me.''

The Hybrid looked at Klaus who looked down at the bone, saying, ''If this fossil has been whispering lies, I'll gladly throw it in the river.''

''No.'' Hope stated, turning around to face her father. ''Not the bone. The witches. The Ancestors.'' She looked up at the ceiling before she looked between her parents. ''They have a message for us. A warning.''

''Tell me what they said.''

''They want you to go to St. Anne's Church to talk to them.'' Hope told her mother. ''They said to bring aunt Evelyn and uncle Lucien too, and to do exactly what they say, and you have to do it now.'' She looked back at the bone. ''Before the Hollow comes for us.''

• • •

''LOOK AT THESE shoes!'' Evelyn said with an wide smile on her face as she unpacked her shopping bags after her and Lucien's hour-long shopping trip. ''Look at them. Aren't they adorable?''

Lucien let out a chuckle at Evelyn's excitement as she showed him a pair of baby shoes before saying, ''They are adorable.'' Lucien grabbed them from her hands and smiled, not believe that the day of their babies' birth was just a few months away. He placed them down on the table before taking a step closer to his fiancée, placing his hand on her baby bump. ''But at the looks of it I probably need to learn sooner or later a few basic things about being a father. Like how to bathe them, feed them, how to change diapers...''