𝟎𝟑𝟎. high water and a devil's daughter

𝐀/𝐍: 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲𝐧'𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐟𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐩.
⚠︎ 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠: 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝! ⚠︎

𑁦 ̥ ゚☆ᱺ *܂☽
▎𝑴𝑨 𝑪𝑯𝑬𝑹𝑰𝑬 ▎
CHAPTER THIRTY ─── high water and a devil's daughter

𑁦 ̥ ゚☆ᱺ *܂☽▎𝑴𝑨 𝑪𝑯𝑬𝑹𝑰𝑬   ▎CHAPTER THIRTY ─── high water and a devil's daughter

''ARE YOU SURE I shouldn't have gone to New Orleans with you?'' Kol asked worried as he was on the phone with Evelyn who was multitasking between talking to her twin brother and helping with the renovation. Although Lucien wouldn't let her do much, not wanting her to get exhausted while the workmen were busy working and walking around the penthouse with boxes.

Kol, who was back in Saint-Tropez, was walking down the busy streets waiting for Rebekah and Davina to join him again who were walking in and out ever shop they passed.

Evelyn let out a chuckle before saying, ''Yes, Kol, I'm sure-''

The brunette was cut off by one of the workmen who was holding a box, asking, ''Excuse me, Miss. Where do you want this?''

''Can you put it by the rest?'' Evelyn asked and the man nodded. ''Thank you, and you, brother, need to relax and enjoy your time with D. an Bekah.''

Kol huffed before saying, ''How can I relax when my twin sister is miraculously pregnant from twins?''

''Because you know I'm in good hands.'' Evelyn said with a smile before she rubbed her belly, which had grown into a small baby bump. ''But wait 'til you see me again. I popped this week. I have a pot belly.''

''Do you know the gender yet?'' Kol questioned before clearing his throat. ''Rebekah wants to know and maybe I do too...a little.''

Evelyn laughed a little before shaking her head, saying, ''No I don't, but I hope I get to know soon. I'm going to see Freya this afternoon and hopefully she can tell me.''

''What's that noise in the background?'' Kol asked as he heard the workmen doing their job at Evelyn's side of the line. ''It sounds like someone is getting murdered.''

''Only you would think that.'' Evelyn said with a laugh. ''Well, it's a long story, but Marcel took the penthouse when we left five years ago and turned it into some cheap second-hand copy with an awful color scheme if I can say so myself, so Luc wanted to renovate.''