𝟎𝟒𝟑. god's gonna trouble the water

𝐀/𝐍: 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲𝐧'𝐬 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐟𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭, 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐟𝐢𝐭 (𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐟𝐢𝐭) 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐟𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

𑁦 ̥ ゚☆ᱺ *܂☽
▎𝑴𝑨 𝑪𝑯𝑬𝑹𝑰𝑬 ▎
CHAPTER FORTY THREE ─── god's gonna trouble the water

𑁦 ̥ ゚☆ᱺ *܂☽▎𝑴𝑨 𝑪𝑯𝑬𝑹𝑰𝑬   ▎CHAPTER FORTY THREE ─── god's gonna trouble the water

EVELYN AND LUCIEN were sitting worriedly on Rosalie and Henrik's bed, waiting for the youngest twin to wake up. Lucien held onto his daughter as she was curled up against his chest, worried her brother wouldn't wake up while the brunette looked down at her son with a concerned expression. She saw him tossing and turning uncomfortably as the event that happened the other day repeated on his mind, it was one horrible nightmare that haunted the youngest twin. The boy frowned, plagued by the memories of his aunt Hayley's burned body and his mother and uncle's screams. ''Mommy!'' He called out desperately as he gasped awake, praying it was just a nightmare.

''Hey, shh, shh, I'm right here.'' Evelyn told him softly which caused Henrik to look up at his mother who sat at the end of his bed. He quickly sat up and threw his arms around his mother's neck, shaking in fear as he started remembering what had happened. ''It's okay. You're safe now.'' Lucien had picked Rosalie in his arms before he sat down next to Evelyn, placing his hand on his son's back, rubbing circles in a soothing way. ''What happened?'' Henrik asked desperately, not wanting to believe his dream was a real memory. Evelyn and Lucien shared a look as the brunette's expression fell once again, a sorrowful look in her eyes as Rosalie's eyes began to glisten. ''Where is Hopey? A-And auntie Hayley?''

Evelyn looked down as tears jumped in her eyes. ''Your cousin is still at the Boarding School with aunt Freya...'' The brunette began softly which made Henrik swallow thickly as he knew his mother was hiding something from him. Evelyn and Lucien thought it wasn't right to let their seven-year-old children deal with death at such young age, and the brunette couldn't bring herself to tell her son his aunt had died, sacrificing her life for her daughter, niece and nephew. ''And auntie Hayley?'' Henrik repeated once again as he looked at his mother with teary eyes.

Evelyn sighed deeply, but was cut off by Lucien who decided to speak up, ''Your aunt passed away, Hen.'' He told him in a whisper making the boy's eyes go wide, gasping in shock which caused the lights in the room to flicker before they shattered completely. ''She's gone.'' Henrik glanced between his parents as he saw his mother hung her head low, tears fell from her eyes as her heart was broken by the terrible reality they needed to deal with.