𝟎𝟐𝟏. the bloody crown

𝐀/𝐍: 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲𝐧'𝐬 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐟𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐟𝐢𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

𑁦 ̥ ゚☆ᱺ *܂☽
▎𝑴𝑨 𝑪𝑯𝑬𝑹𝑰𝑬 ▎
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE ─── the bloody crown

            EVELYN WAS STANDING in the open hall of the downstairs living room as she watched Aurora's sleeping body with a smile on her face, somehow feeling satisfied to see that the red-head got what she deserved, when she heard footsteps comin...

            EVELYN WAS STANDING in the open hall of the downstairs living room as she watched Aurora's sleeping body with a smile on her face, somehow feeling satisfied to see that the red-head got what she deserved, when she heard footsteps coming up from behind her.

''How are you feeling?'' Evelyn asked curiously, looking over her shoulder as she watched her twin brother approach her, an amused look on his face, ''Isn't that supposed to be my line? I'm supposed to be the protective twin.'' Kol responded jokingly as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder. ''But I'm feeling better, thanks to you, Davina... and Lucien.''

Evelyn smiled, ''You're welcome.'' She said as she finally had a moment with her twin after all the madness they had gone through. Evelyn was saved from poisoning while Kol was saved from the Ancestors hold that was driving him to insanity. It felt like they were back to being their old selves again which they, for the first time in a while, finally accepted.

''But now I'm gonna ask, how are you?'' Kol asked curiously.

''Well, I didn't die which is a good thing, I found out I had a mate and he left me, because he thought we needed some time apart.'' Evelyn responded with a sigh while some sadness entered her eyes, but she quickly tried to brush it off with a smile. ''I can't say I disagree with him, but we have been apart for a thousand years already and him leaving again makes me miss him more than I ever did before. But I can't do anything about that, can I?''

Kol shook his head before pulling Evelyn closer to his chest, ''He did the right thing.''

Lucien might not have been Kol's favorite person, but he made his twin sister happy and that was all that mattered to him. He was glad to know that Lucien wasn't as evil as he was claimed to be. He was just fed with anger and hatred for what had been done to him, but as soon as he was with Evelyn again, it changed. He changed for the better and put his revenge plans aside, even when it took some time for him to realize.

''I know. I'm just glad he came to senses and he texted me this morning that he was on his way to the airport which is a good thing, knowing that we'll still keep contact in some form.'' Evelyn said as she laid her head down on his shoulder before Kol hummed as he nodded his head in agreement.

''So, are you going somewhere or are you planning on staying here?'' Kol asked as he looked down at his twin sister, who seemed deep in her thoughts for a moment, ''I've been thinking about it, but I think I'm gonna stay here for a while, because I don't wanna be alone anymore.'' Evelyn pointed out as she thought back at the last time she felt like this, it was when Kol died the second time. She became depressed and locked herself away, but after a while she realized she needed her family.