Chapter 52.5: A Good Omen (Raven Lemon, 18+)

Start from the beginning

Y/N: "What did you do to get such service here?"

Raven: "I've got my connections. The owner of this place is actually a former tribe member who does us favors with information sometimes. And things like this."

Y/N: "Oh? I'm surprised you let one of your members get away from you like that."

Raven: "He left before I took over, so I didn't have much say in the matter. Besides, he's helping us by giving information about his competition and their supply chains."

Y/N: "Ever the sneaky one."

Raven: "Only the best for my King."

Y/N: "I'm curious about something... What led you to be the leader of a bandit tribe?"

Raven: "Qrow and I were raised by them. After graduating Beacon and leaving, I returned the strongest and so, I was made the leader. That's that."

Y/N: "But surely you must have had some ambition to lead beforehand?"

Raven: "Heh, it's funny." She swirls the wine in her glass. "All I really wanted to do was protect my tribe, my family. Before I knew it, I was the one organizing raids, caring for the wounded, and staring down other leaders. I know our way of life isn't for some, but it's what we know."

Y/N: "And if you didn't have to hurt people?"

You were against banditry in general and the consequences of hurting others. Raven knows this.

Raven: "The strong survive while the weak die off. That's been my philosophy from the beginning. It's not that I want the weak to die. If someone strong were to protect them, then I have no problem with that, other than that person isn't following the same ideals."

Y/N: "Well... maybe it doesn't have to be that way. Maybe the weak can get by on their own gifts?"

Raven: "Had they their own gifts, they wouldn't be the weak."

Y/N: "I don't know about that... How do you think humanity has survived against the Grimm? The average human isn't strong enough to face them, but using their gifts, like their intellect, they were able to outsmart, outmaneuver, and otherwise defeat their predator. Despite being physically weak, their strong mind is what keeps them alive."

Raven: "An interesting viewpoint." She sips her wine. "You seem... different than before."

Flashbacks of your 'time' with Ruby and Yang along with various grabs of your body from the other girls cross your mind.

Y/N: "Yeah, well... you know. A lot can change in a few days."

Raven: "I take it you slept with Yang and Ruby?"

That caused soda to go almost flying out of your nose.

Raven: "I'll that as a yes." She closes her eyes and drinks more wine.

Y/N: "I- *cough cough* -never said-"

Raven: "I can see it in your eyes. You no longer have the eyes of a virgin. Good." she says with a smile.

Y/N (thoughts): 'Good?'

You gulp more while getting your breathing under control again. The food gets to the table and both of you start eating. It's good food, sure, but now you're worried about later tonight...

Y/N: "Wow, this is- mercilessly slaughter- really good."

Raven: "You really need to get that under control."

Y/N: "Hey, it's not like I'm not trying." You laugh it off.

Raven: "This is a serious matter, Y/N. I'd rather my child not grow up without a father."