January 31, 2018

How quickly we've lost sight of the magnitude and greatness of God! There are a few culprits behind this: 1. We label several things as "awesome", "wonderful", etc. Those terms are really only fitting  when we're speak of Jesus. 2. We've become too "comfortable" with Him. Perhaps we've heard about Him "one too many times". 3. We are ignorant, blinded by this dazzling world to remember to worship the CREATOR, not the creature.

In any situation, it would be wise to consider His greatness. He created and sustains every living thing! He is high above all! He is before all!  In Him, all of us live, move and have our being. It is due to His "new every morning mercies" we are not utterly consumed.

He alone is awesome! m

Jesus is the God of the Old Testament and the New Testament, and today! Never changing in greatness and holiness.

Perhaps... if we pondered His majesty more often, we'd fear Him more and keep from being polluted by sin.

Psalm 75

Forever praise the Lord! Be thankful unto Him and bless His Name. He is the only true and righteous Judge! Praise Him and walk uprightly in humbleness before Him.

But I will declare for ever; I will sing praises to the God of Jacob.(Psalm 75:9)

2 Corinthians 12

Don't be self-conceited and proud. That is what fools do. Speak the truth. We can rely on God, our Source of strength. His grace is still sufficient!

Let our life's aim be to have the Lord's power and approval resting upon us, utterly reliant on Him, with no room for boasting in our self-sufficiency. We are nothing without Jesus!

Be a sacrificial servant towards others, even if it's not reciprocated. Desire to do good and edify, not tear down. Weep for the sinner! Pray for salvation and true repentance.