January 12, 2018

The friend of God is he who walks uprightly and is quick to obey God. He lives in obedience and will follow with his whole heart regardless. Those who claim they are Christ's friend yet are living in sin with an "He'll understand. I'll repent later," are walking a dangerous rope! That is taking grace in vain. We're not called to be happy, we're called to be holy.

Psalm 56

Cry out to God for mercy in good times and bad. The righteous can expect trouble. When we're afraid we out to put our trust in God. He is true safety! Praise God and praise Him for His written Word. He has not left us alone or in the dark.

Don't fear man (Matthew 10:28; 24:13). The wicked won't escape judgment. God sees and hears all. He notes all our tears and keeps a record! We can have full assurance in Him.

Praise Him! It's a privilege! He's redeemed our souls! He'll uphold us with His power and afterward receive us to glory.

1 Corinthians 9

A workman deserves his wages. The ox is permitted to eat the corn he treads, God cares for it. How much more He cares for the shepherd! We ought to support our shepherd.

I can't stay silent about God.

Don't be high and mighty, by humility, esteem another better than you. By humility, perhaps a soul will see a glimpse of the love of Christ and find salvation.

Run. Don't look back. Run the race prudently, watching against sin. Don't let the flesh take over.

1 Corinthians 9:24-27Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway