January 26, 2018

Psalm 70

Throw all your dependence on the Lord. Cast all your cares upon Him. All who know their God will be glad and rejoice in His love and salvation. Magnify His Name! He is our Help and Deliverer.

Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: and let such as love thy salvation say continually, Let God be magnified. (Psalm 70:4)

2 Corinthians 7

Knowing God has promised to dwell amongst us as our Father, let's live as His children, imitating Him in our words and conduct. Let's no longer live for our flesh, but fear the Lord so we live righteously.

Expect trials and tribulations, but know through and through that God is our Comforter! Be earnest in your walk with Christ. It's the Holy Spirit who works godly sorrow. Godly sorrow leads to true repentance, the world's sorrow isn't true and is seen by a staying in sin. True repentance is this: True sorrow and repentance makes one careful, watchful against temptation and sin; self-examination, and a hatred of sin, the tempter, and self for being so foolish! True repentance and godly sorrow is a passionate desire to be accepted of God, and zeal to be a new creature in Christ. This is the fruit of true repentance. Rejecting sin and self living and in taking on the mind of Christ.

 Rejecting sin and self living and in taking on the mind of Christ