January 3, 2018

God's power isn't meant for us to merely dwell on and admire and think about, but to cause us to wonder, behold and worship in awe. He holds the whole world! All creation is His and yet He thinks on man as if  we're in the least bit worthy to be thought upon. Better still- that we were worthy of salvation. If the angels shouted for joy as God created the world, how much louder and fuller their joy when salvation was offered?

God doesn't owe us anything. Even the most perfect person still isn't deserving, and yet...

Be amazed at His mercy and love.

Grace!

These characteristics of mercy aren't just titles, etc, they are His nature. Praise the Lord! It's WHO He is! Thank the Lord for undeserved grace, mercy  and salvation!

Psalm 47

God is most deserving of our praise. Worship and glorify Him with all that is in you. If one can shout and cheer at concerts and sports events, why are we so quiet and half hearted about He who bought our souls and redeemed our lives from destruction? Salvation wasn't offered to anything in creation but men! The angels aren't redeemed and they shout for joy, what's wrong with us? Pride? Praise Him! He's triumphed and through Him, so have we! Praise the Lord!

He is so holy and righteous, we ought to have the utmost reverence for Him. If the redeemed are in awe and fear Him, what's wrong with sinners? Lord, have mercy!

Like the most loving Father, He picks what's best for us. Be constant in praise! Don't sing without realizing to Whom and why you sing. He is Most High, over all. Praise the Lord!

Psalm 47:6 Sing praises to God, sing praises: sing praises unto our King, sing praises.

Romans 16

Christians should seek to receive and do good to others, especially those of the household of faith. Watch and name those whose aim it is to cause divisions, strife and preach another gospel contrary to our God's gospel. Avoid them. They don't serve God but their own selves. They aim to deceive as they are deceived. Be careful. Be watchful. Build up a strong faith and cling to God and God's truth so you won't be counted among the deceived.

The devil's wickedness will come to an end. God has prevailed and triumphed, and in and through Him, so shall we.

God hasn't held any good thing from us. Salvation is declared openly in His Word. Obey through and by faith. Give Him glory, its due and acceptable!

Romans 16:25-27  Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

 Amen