49: AWAKE

PRISS

It's been three months now and Cliff isn't showing any sign of response, everyone only believed in hope and I do pray he'll wake up soon, I really can't imagine my life without him, this past months, I've been dead to the world, I only sat by him in the hospital praying for him to open his eyes.

After that incident, Cliff and Jabal were rushed to the hospital in which they had to undergo surgery, after the surgery, Jabal woke up but Cliff didn't even blink, the doctor had reported that he was in a comatose state and might never wake up but we still believe he would, I believe he wouldn't leave me alone in this world 'cause I don't know how I'll cope.

He'd thought me what love his and how to love, he made me overcome my fear and made me a new person. How then would I start again if he should leave me. Everyday I write a letter to him telling him about everything that was going on and praying for his recovery, the letters are stacked upon each other in a box that was placed beside his bed.

"I believe I've warned you", a voice which I instantly recognized as Cliff's mom's voice brought me out of my reverie. Ever since the doctor had announced Cliff's comatose state, his mother had despised me and was always annoyed to see me. I really don't understand 'cause she blamed everything on me and made me feel hopeless and terrible, I've been plagued with guilt for allowing Jabal to use me and for calling Cliff that day.

I do hope he'll wake up soon so that I'll ask for his forgiveness, I shouldn't have called him that day.

"I think I'm talking to someone and not a goat", she bellowed and I flinched as I jumped up from the seat.

"I'm so sorry ma", I pleaded.

She eyed me and moved to Cliff, kissed his forehead and muttered some words which I couldn't comprehend before turning back to me with a deadly look.

"Haven't I warned you that I don't want to see you near my son, you coming here everyday only brings bad-luck, just disappear with your jinx", she shouted and I tried so hard to contain my tears, this days, the water just come out freely and I find it hard to control it, I've been vulnerable and lifeless.

Trying to regain my composure, I said, "Ma'am, I can't leave your son, he needs me now more than ever"

She cackled for like forever before screaming, "Get the hell out!"

I flinched and moved back two steps 'cause I knew she was capable of anything with her eyes blood-shot.

"I can't", I said calmly.

She moved closer to me and poked my forehead with her index finger as I moved back and she followed

"You're nothing but a wet blanket, it's in your blood no wonder Jabal is rotting in prison, now get lost!", She yelled but I decided not to allow that to disturb me, there is nothing she could do, I'll still stay with Cliff.

Jabal after being brought to the hospital had been protected with full police attention until he was discharged, after recuperating , he had to face trials in whichIn which he was later sentenced to life imprisonment and his drug ring was destroyed. During the trial, his mother and Zuleha had been so stressed out but still behaved stupidly, they'd always tried picking up a fight with me but all I'd thought about then was Cliff.

"You're trying to prove stubborn right?", she shouted in an angry tone while I kept mute with, just then the door opened to reveal the entrance of Chloe and Niniola.

" What's going on here?", Chloe questioned and Cliff's mom's face changed instantly and lit up, a smile spread across her face as she gave me a demeaning look before going to her daughter.

"You're here", she said as she smiled at Niniola.

"Good afternoon ma", Niniola greeted with a wide smile as he bowed his head.

"Afternoon, my son, I never knew you guys were coming, you didn't even inform me, when did you guys get back?", she questioned as they moved closer to seat on a long chair that was right beside Cliff's bed.

It was a very large and beautiful room, typical of a VIP. I was sitted on a   white chair opposite them.

"Hi, Priss", Niniola greeted with a smile and I smiled fakely in return.

"Oh, Priss, how have you been?", Chloe acknowledged with a grin. I wonder how the grin appeared on their face and how their face lit up 'cause I'd almost forgotten how to smile.

"Fine", I replied succinctly.

"You don't look that fine to me but rather pale but don't worry I'm certain Cliff would wake up soon with you by his side", Chloe assured and I forced a smile with a nod before my gaze landed on their mom who gave me a deadly look.

Quickly, I averted my gaze to Cliff.

"So when did you guys get back?", Cliff's mom asked.

"Not quite long", responded Chloe.

"Niniola, I hope this girl hasn't given you stress?"

"Not really but she's sometimes silly", Niniola replied and it earned him a slap on the shoulder from Chloe. They looked so sweet together and I couldn't help but feel jealous as I looked back at Cliff.

"Stop doing that", Mrs Adeoye warned and Chloe pouted.

"So how have you been doing?", Chloe inquired and the smile on her mom's face reduced.

"I've been trying to cope without Cliff, I just hope he wakes up soon"

"He will", Chloe assured.

"So what of dad?", Niniola asked. He was at that stage now so far he was already engaged to Chloe, they plan to get married immediately they finish their master's.

"He's doing fine, currently he's attending to a meeting, something that is meant for Cliff to do but he's right here on the bed because of one useless person", she ended as she granted me a bad look.

I looked awayband my eyes got fixated on Cliff who I noticed moved his hand, instantaneously, I rushed to him and held his hand, praying he would open his eyes and he did.  Oh my God! It's been a little long.

His eyes opened slowly as I watched him intently, his mother ran to him and presses the emergency button and in a twinkle of an eye, the doctors arrived.

So guys, our Cliff is back.
Who missed him? Well, I did.
Anyway, how did you see this chapter?
Let's move on to the last chapter but before that, vote, comment and share this chapter.
Love ya