43: ELECTION

PRISS

The door opened abruptly to reveal the entrance of the sun, I was in my closet as usual listening to some songs when Tenola appeared .

"Priss, what's going on?", she asked with a surprised look.

"Good morning to you too", I responded and she gave a dismissive wave of her hand.

"Aren't you going to work? It's Monday for goodness sake", Tenola said with her hands on her hips.

"I'm not going, it's not as if I have any work to do", I responded in a dismissal tone.

"But......"
"Just tell them I'm not feeling too well".

She nodded before continuing," Today is the election, aren't you curious about the result?"

I shot her a deadly glare as she mouthed 'sorry' before walking away.

Closing the door, I inserted the earpiece into my ear as I listened to 'I'm alive' by Celine Dion.

Few minutes later, the door opened and I looked up angrily believing it was Tenola but it was mom.

Her face was pale and I pondered on what was wrong, deciding to say something, mom beat me to it by saying," We need to talk".

CLIFF

"Guys, I'm nervous", I said while adding the cufflinks to my pinstripe suit.

"Everything would be fine", Frank assured while patting my shoulder.

"Don't worry", Zina added with a smile. I nodded and turned to the both of them.

"Chloe got back yesterday", Zina announced and my mouth formed an 'O'

"Surely, she's on your side along with your dad and she informed me they tried convincing your mom but they don't know the outcome", Frank added with a pitiful expression.

"I pray it doesn't turn out bad", I said.

"It won't", Zina assured before giving me a peck and then turning to Frank who kissed her and her stomach.

"Time to go", I shouted and Frank released Zina and we both walked out of the house.

"Goodluck", Zina waved as we drove out.
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

PRISS
"Mom, I'm all ears", I insisted as we both sat on the couch in her room. Apparently, others had left the house with only mom and I around except the workers.

"Don't get mad ooo", she said in a pleading tone.

"Just spill it", I said impatiently.

She took a deep and long breath,before finally talking.
"I've kept it for so long but who I met yesterday made me decide to let you know", she admitted in a quiet tone.

I was getting jittery.
"Just say it", I said while trying to sound calm, I despised being kept in suspense.

"Okay, I know your birth parents", she confessed.

It was as if a dagger crossed through me, my eyes widened as my mouth fell open. So, she knew my biological parents all this while and kept it from me.

She continued, "Infact your mother and I were best friends, we were three then along with Feyikemi".

"WHAT!", I shouted as my lashes fluttered.

"Your mother's name is Priscilla", she announced while my eyes opened widely, anytime from now it would jump out of its socket.

"Your father's name is Mukit, they met while we were in the university, after we graduated his parents forced him to get married to someone else".