21: WORKING TOGETHER

CLIFF

The paper was there,lying beside her cup,the one that was filled with coffee,she was actually dozing off without realising it. Others had gone home, we were the only two left in my office, we were working together on the project, though we should
have left the company since six when others left but the fact that I was going through what she had written ,our stay had to be extended due to the fact that her writing didn't appeal to my want.

Placing my phone on the table, I'd just received a call from Zina and I'd assured her I'll be home soon, Priss walked in, she'd excused herself few minutes ago to the comfort room and during that medium I'd reviewed what she'd submitted,it was the same.

"Sorry",she mumbled going back to her position. I could notice an hint of confusion and surprise on her face as soon as she sighted the paper beside the cup.
"Are you done?",she requested, raising her head from the paper. Folding my hands behind the back of my neck,I responded,"Yes".

"And?",she inquired,I could see the burning need for a favourable answer in her eyes. And at the drop of a hat, I replied,"It doesn't present you as an adroit copywriter, I mean it doesn't show your adept, everything is sloppy and amateurish",I could notice her eyes blazing coals of fire but that didn't deter me as I continued,"You know this man right? so you should know what he wants and by the way how are you related to him?".

An odious and unforgiveable gawp was the first thing that greeted me as soon as I stopped talking. In a split second,she snapped,"I don't think my relationship with the client is any of your concern,my private life doesn't have anything to do with my work and you referring to my work as sloppy and amateurish shows how cynic you are, you should at least construct your words in a mannered manner,I hate the way I asked you a question and you maundered for some minutes".

Shaking my head,I was extremely dumbfounded,this girl is something else, rude and stupid, does she know who she's speaking to? or is she blind, is she mentally ill?

Opening my mouth to retort,everything stopped."What happened?",I screamed.
Everything as well as everywhere was dark. What is this? A blackout!how is that possible?.
Getting extremely scared, I ran to her, holding her tightly to the extent of gashing her skin,I was achluophobic, scared of darkness.
"What's it?",she asked being uncomfortable as she tried to push me away from her but I wouldn't let go.

**************
PRISS

Why is he holding me tightly? what's wrong with him? Shouldn't I be the one to hold him tightly? Why was he behaving like this?
"Are you okay?",I questioned but he didn't reply but hd my hand tightly as I could notice he was panicking.
"What's wrong?",I asked getting scared.Just then,the lights appeared,everywhere was in illumination again. Already he was sweating and I wondered what was wrong with him.

"Calm down",I said to him placing him on my seat.He heaved a sigh of relef and muttered,"Thanks".Few minutes later,he was calm.
"What went wrong?"I inquired curiously.
"I'm nctophobic",he announced. My face changed and I wondered what that word meant, I hope it wasn't something serious. Wanting to talk,a call interrupted me.

Glancing at him and then placing my hand in the back pocket of my jeans, the one that perfectly matched the white cotton polyester frock top I was putting on, I brought out the phone and found out Tenola was the one calling.Excusing myself and picking the phone,we talked for a minute.She was worried and everyone were equally worried on why I was getting late and I assured her I was good and would be fine without the car so far she'd taken the car with her when she left for home.

"Do you think you can drive in this state of yours?"though he was already back to his normal self but I was still curious.He nodded in agreement like a demented puppet.

Few minutes later,we deserted the company and went our separate ways. On getting home, I was greeted with worried looks and questions that I avoided by simply saying I was fine. After dessert, though everyone already had dinner before I got home, Tenola, the gourmand still had the second round of dinner and dessert with me,I decided to go to my room and get prepared for the following day.

My mind went back to what the art director had proclaim,'nctophobia',setting the computer,I browsed its meaning and read everything about it. Going into my favorite place, the closet ,inspiration visited me and I worked on the project.

That was the secret to me being placed in the sun as a copywriter and I thank Feyikemi for that,the closet always brought me inspiration. The next day, I woke up late due to the fact that I'd slept late, certainly I only got four hours sleep and I was in dire need for the remaining hours. I'd slept dreaming of Cliff and the way he held tightly unto me was something I couldn't forget as I still felt his warm hand on my body,I'd felt the electricity coursing through me then and I was certain I couldn't forget what happened last night in the days to come. I felt myself wanting his hand on my body again.

Rushing out of bed,I couldn't have breakfast as we were running late.Breakfast would at MODUSOIL.

so guys,did you enjoy this chapter?
Don't you think Priss knows the right response?
Who is scared of darkness?
Remember to vote and comment,it puts a smile on my face.Love y'all❤❤❤