40: OUR PLAN

A month later

JABAL'S POV

Zuleha barged into the room like someone being chased by a mad dog with a worried look, the sudden barge made me look up from my phone as she walked to me.

"Alexia told me Cliff has been contacting other shareholders and they're ready to support him with their votes most especially the major shareholders", she half shouted as she stood with her hand on her hips.

Dropping the phone beside me, I threw my head to the back and laughed mirthfully for some minutes while Zuleha sat at the edge of our bed staring at me as if I'd gone nuts.

"So spill it", she demanded as soon as I stopped laughing.

"Okay, do you think I don't know about it?", I asked calmly while trying to catch my breath.

"Then what?", she queried impatiently as she folded her arms beneath her bossom which revealed her cleavage as she tapped her foot lightly on the floor.
Typical Zuleha, she was always impatient.

"See I have them curled under me mehn, it's just a roll with butter, I know Cliff has bern talking to them but it's all our plan, I intentionally ordered them to agree with Cliff so he won't be suspicious, so chill baby, your husband has got the best brain", I explained with a smile.

A beautiful grin slip out of her lips as her eyes brightened. Awe transformed her face.

"You're really intelligent, Cliff would be more than shocked that day, you've really got the brains", she patted my laps while smiling.

"I'll be meeting with Mr. Josh later with the boys, he has been proving obstinate but now I've found a skeleton in his cupboard", I boasted while Zuleha smiled and gave me a thumbs up.

"That's my guy, I know you're not as daft as that foolish Clifford, the company is ours", she added throwing me a wide, beaming smile.

"Well, I'll be flying out for some days to speak with other shareholders and whereas I need to find dad's fucking lawyer", I grunted at the last part.

Sadness washed over her face but it was soon replaced with her smiles.

"And the drug ring?", she inquired.

"You'll monitor it".

"Okay then, anyway I'll be going to MODUSOIL to get some juicy hints and whereas I need to put that Priss or whatever that drossel is called in her place"

I gave her this 'why' look but she brushed it off with a wave of her palm before lowering her voice to a whisper.

"We can use it against Cliff", she smiled crookedly as I understood what she meant.

A smile crept on my lips as Zuleha walked out of the room, she really got brains for crook things, I bless the day she came to me after Cliff's mom rejected her, ever since then we had gotten close and in no time we started dating.

I told her about the company and my dad's plan to transfer his shares to Cliff. Dad and I were not that close as we do fight a lot, he didn't like me because I always spent lavishly through clubbing and partying amidst all other things but I didn't give a damn, he had always cherished Cliff and was always comparing me to him and at such I was piqued and had loathed Cliff.

He didn't like mom either due to him being forced to get married to her and to her always supporting me. I'd learnt from mom that he had always loved her younger sister and at such had never shown an ounce of love to her.

He never treated her well as all they did was engage in a melee, they'd never come to an agreement. After learning Dad decided to transfer his shares to Cliff and his illegitimate child, I'd been embittered by the news and had tried talking him out of it but he remained a mule and at such I took to Zuleha's advice and poisoned him in which our then cook was currently paying for the sin.