44: SHOCK

CLIFF

A huge shock enveloped me as I stared at her. She didn't even spare me a glance till the end of the meeting. As expected I won. Mom had supported me with 2.5 and she with 6.5.

Little did I know she was a shareholder but with the way she introduced herself explains she was Jabal's sister, Jabal and his mom glared daggers at her till we all trooped out of the boardroom.

"Wait", I called while running after her but she didn't turn, I increased my pace and caught her by her right hand.

"What is it?", she asked as she realeased her hand from mine.

"Thanks, you saved my ass in there", I said while she rolled her eyes.

"Is that all?", she asked hostilely.

"No, Priss, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have kept you in the dark, I should have...", she stopped me with the gesture of her hand and walked away.

"Don't you dare follow me", she shouted immefiately I took the first step, I obeyed and turned back only to meet face-to-face with Jabal and his mom.

"Don't you dare think you've won 'cause this is just the beginning", he spat as Zuleha walked to us.

"That's your family problem", I said while Zuleha glared at me.

Walking away, I muttered,"Idiots"

PRISS
The elevator door opened and my eyes met with Alexia who smirked at me.

"Here comes the husband snatcher", Alexia gabbled immediately I stepped into the elevator but I ignored her.

"Husband snatcher, playtoy, Husband snatcher, playtoy", she raved while wriggling her index finger at me.

"Shut up!", I commanded as I grabbed her index finger tightly.

"Let go! you goose", she shouted while trying to wriggle her finger from my hand but my grip was tight.

"You still have the temerity to say something from that filthy mouth of yours, well yentas like you have no brain at all, it's always filled with cobwebs", I snarled and then yanked her finger away abruptly as she staggered and scowled at me.

The door opened and she walked out while giving me a wry face as Zuleha, Jabal and hos mom, yes, the devil's throne walked in.

"Turns out the mulatto bitch is here", Zuleha said with a tight-lipped smile.

"Turns out the disgusting brute is prattled", I responded with a lopsided smile and she opened her mouth to talk but Jabal beat her to it.

"Why did you vote for Cliff?"

I clapped my hands, scoffed and looked around.

"You can't blame her, she's as gullible as her mother, no wonder they bear the same name, seems all Priscilla are stupid, I really can't believe this bloody bastod will eventually show up but I know Foyinsayomi will pay for it, that girl has always been nosy", Paula fumed. I really can't take this woman insulting my mothers.

"No wonder your heart is cold, if not, colder as black ice", I smirked and her mouth hung open, turns out she believed I won't talk back, pray she wouldn't cross her boundary 'cause I might insult her if she says anything more than her stupid mouth.

"I find it hard to believe Dad's illegitimate daughter would eventually show up only to cause trouble, why would you vote for Cliff when your brother is right there, I can't understand", Jabal lamented.

"You could hit your head on the wall so as to come to your senses", I suggested with a smirk.

Zuleha and Paula glowered at me.