30: SURPRISE VISIT

CLIFF

It was after the third ring that the door flew open.
She was more than stunned to see us, she froze and stared with wide eyes and raised her eyebrows as she looked from me to Chloe and then Niniola who was Chloe's boyfriend,they'd met in Paris and Chloe had decided to come home with him,anyway,going back to her,she made several attempts to speak but no words came out of her twitching lips.

"Hi",Chloe shouted with a huge grin plastered on her face, she broke our stares at each other. I'd been staring really hard at her and she obviously did the same.

The shocked expression disappeared from Priss's face as she turned to a grinning Chloe and replied gently almost in a whispher,"Hi".
I'd wanted to speak but Niniola silenced me before the words came out,"Priss,how have you been?"

Chloe and I tossed a glance at each other before my gaze went back to Priss who smiled at Niniola,wonderment crept into my face,do they know each other?
"Great oo",she responded as she opened the door wide allowing us to walk into their magnificient house, it was a very beautiful house.
Well,her step-dad is Mr Craig and he was wealthy.

"What of Tenola?",Ninola questioned as we found a seat on the only chaise longue in that living room.
"Who is asking of me oo?",a voice,Tenola's voice questioned as she descended the stairs, her mouth hung open as she raised her eyebrows, she rubbed her eyes in other to be sure of what she was seeing.

"Tenola!",Niniola screamed,jumping up and hugging her.
Chloe and I glanced at each other as we pondered on what was going on while Priss only filled her face with amused smiles.
Gosh! I hadn't seen those smiles lately and I wished she wouldn't stop.
After the hug,they both sat down to discuss as a river of joy spread in their heart.

"How did you know my place?",Tenola asked Niniola who turned to me and Chloe,"They brought me here".
Psst, we weren't here for Tenola but for aunty Foyin, after I told Chloe about aunty Foyin and Priss,she was just too ecstatic to meet them as she made sure I brought her to them.
Priss and Tenola looked at me with a questioning look and confirmed,"Yeah,I checked for the address in Priss's last letter",looking up at Priss,our eyes met and she looked down and away in the twinkle of an eye.

"We're here to see aunty Foyin",Chloe announced while giggling.
I could see Priss's mouth form an 'O' before disappearing and appearing suddenly with a woman I could vividly recognise as aunty Foyin.

"Aunty",Chloe yelled,jumping up to hug her,aunty Foyin looked up and smiled widely as she received Chloe in her arms the way she do receive her when we were young,apparently she recognised us as she gestured for me to come and I obliged as we had a very wide hug and I remembered those moments and missed them badly,soon we settled down to discuss.

"Who is he?",she asked pointing at Niniola as she gazed at Priss and Tenola who were jovially talking with him.
I felt jealous,Priss was really free with this guy and had not evenentioned a word to me since we got here, I wondered how he got to know them.

"He's my boyfriend, I brought him here so as to introduce him to you",Chloe crowed before Tenola added,"He's my step-brother,the only step I'm close with amongst numerous ones,he's the one I do tell you about".

Aunty Foyin nodded and smiled warmly at Niniola who returned the smile with a cool grin,the one that hasn't left his face since we arrived,not even by mistake.

The discussion continued and throughout the discussion,I stole glances at Priss who avoided eye contact,we didn't even utter a word at each other and I was hurt.We were later offered radish and salad,as we ate ceremoniously as if there was a get-together party amidst different talks till disk when we finally left.
Priss didn't even utter a word to me,even when I teied bringing up a discussion,she shrugged it off.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

PRISS
My heart hammered in my chest when I saw Cliff at our door, I wasn't expecting him.Throughout their stay at our place, I was uneasy as I tried really hard to not meet his gaze.
Mom was more than happy to have them around and I could still see it on her face even after they left.

I made sure I avoided Cliff throughout the stay,even though he had tried bringing up a discussion with me,even though he gawped stupidly at me as if I was going to vanish,I'd ensured I cut him off and had tried really hard not to stare at him.
Though,I wanted so much to look at him,to see him smile but I was being rigid even though it hurt so much,this was the only thing I could think of doing,it was the best.

But why was I feeling this way?
It felt as if I was only punishing myself,I was only hurting myself.
"What are you thinking about?",mom's voice queried as she sat beside me,it jolted me like avolt of electricity that I'd actually brooded for so long not to have realised when mom walked into my room, I was more than stunned to see her as everyone had gone to bed with the house being a graveyard.

"Nothing",I responded,forcing a smile that was obviously fake.
Mom shook her head and pursed her lips to convey she understood me.

"You can tell me whatever is wrong with you",mom urged,looking straight into my eyes.
Cutting her gaze as I looked out through the window,I was now fond of doing that whenever I was worried, she pointed out,"I know everything that is bothering you".

I furrowed my brows and looked back at her in confusion,she revealed,"I know about your plans of not wanting a man in your life".

God!Tenola or Zavrina!

She continued,"Your grandma,Tenola and Zavrina told me about it".

Wow,blabber mouth.
They really can't keep their stupid mouth shut.
She looked at my expression but I was expressionless,thereafter,she continued,"I'm aware of your insecurities,but I know you won't be happy without a beautiful family of your own,men would surely be men but not all are dogs, after what your previous dad did to me, I moved on ,after everything that Tenola faced with men,she has a new one in her life which I believe is her better half, I really do hope you're not philphobic or gamophobic or else you'll have to see a therapist,I can't sit and watch you doing this to yourself".

What!
What does gamophobic or philophobic means?

She stood up and heade to the door without waiting for my response,she halted halfway and turned,mumbling,"I do hope you give Clifford a chance",and she left.
The mere mention of his name made me cring as I laid on the bed thinking about what mom had said before standing up to search for the meaning of gamophobic and philophobic.

Gosh!I have its symptoms but do I really neeed a therapist.
No, I wouldn't go for therapy or take any medications,I'll surely get over it myself and I finally decided on one thing. I knelt down beside my bed to pray for God's guidance before drifting into a peaceful sleep.

Ohhhhhh
How was this chapter?
What is the decision Priss has decided to take?
Now,we know what is wrong with Priss,she has the fear of love and marriage but she's decided to let go of it.
Do you think she'll give Cliff a chance now?
Anyway,if you enjoyed this chapter,click on that star over there👇and make it turn orange.