4: A PACKAGE

CLIFF

"Take good care of him, alright?", my mom said to our new guardian as she stepped out of the house hand in hand with Chloe, my younger sister who was in need of an opthamologist. Dad had left earlier to attend a meeting.

We were four in my family and we stayed in the States. My parents were wealthy as my dad is the owner of MODUSOIL, an advertising agency and my mom was a housewife.

"There's no cow on the ice," our new guardian   assured my mom and then closed the door before Chloe could even wave at me.

"Clifford," the guardian called but I only eyed her. I didn't like her, she was just somehow, I didn't know what to call her, nothing compared to our former guardian. I loved our old guardian. She was a great woman, an absolute caring woman and I hated it when she left only to be replaced by this nutter.

Well, our old guardian is aunty Foyin, she came into my family the day I clocked twelve, and ever since then, she'd been the mother figure to Chloe and I. She knew everything about us and we loved her.

"Hey, Clifford, I'll be with you shortly," she said as she walked away.

Apparently, she was going to the kitchen. I knew she won't be back shortly because she was a friend to our cook. The cook had actually been the one that introduced her to mom when aunty Foyin left and ever since then all she did was gossip with the cook. I was only waiting for the appropriate time to report her and the cook to my dad.

She didn't deserve this job, all she did was collect Dad's money without doing her own part except to eat and gossip with the cook. She didn't care about Chloe and I but pretended when our parents were around, she was really good at pretending and I think the job of an actress is her call instead of her wasting her time here. She should go somewhere she'll be able to exhibit her talent freely without having to lie.

Sitting on the very large and comfortable chair in our expansive living room, our house was what you call a mansion, it occupied a large hectares of land with our house being in the middle of the land and then surrounded by an expansive compound that had a big garden, a playground amongst many other things.  The interior was beautiful with lot of rooms, we had two living rooms amidst indoor pools, servants quarters, study, library, home office and many more.

I was sipping out of the glass of warm milk  in front of me, the  cook had brought it to me in an attempt to engage me so as not to disturb my guardian or her but little did she know I was aware of everything going on. I decided to play video games, so far games was what I enjoyed most.

Few minutes into the game, the doorbell rung. I sprawled to my feet and walked up to the door without checking who it was, none of the servants was near so they weren't aware. At the door, there standing akimbo was a tall white man I couldn't help but scrutinized.

He spoke in a heavy voice with a slight accent I would guess was that of East Coast, announcing his mission to deliver a package to aunty Foyin. I smiled at this and hoped aunty Foyin might come back if I collected the package, I'll make sure I convince dad to place a call to her.

And in her stead, after signing, I collected the package and before the cook or the guardian or any other worker could get to the living room, I'd vamoosed to my room upstairs with no one knowing I'd received a package.

Actually, I was curious what could be in it. I wasn't much of an inquisitive child, Chloe was the inquisitive one but I was somehow attracted to this package.

My door opened and in a twinkle of an eye, I hid the package behind me and the guardian entered. She was dressed in a short blue gown, she didn't have a uniform like the other workers so far she was our guardian.

"Did anyone come in?", she questioned as her eyes went to my hand that was at my back, instantly, I placed my hand on my laps as I moved back in an attempt to cover the package.

"No one", I replied succinctly with a small smile.

"But I heard the sound", she said as she moved closer to me.

" I didn't hear anything, I just left the living room now maybe you're mistaken", I lied smoothly.

She squinted her eyes before shaking her head.

" Okay then, so do you need anything?"

"No", I replied rather quickly and she fixed her gaze on me.

" I'll tell you if I need anything, I want to rest now", I told her as I picked my coverlet.

"Okay, I'll leave now", she said before turning back, she took one glance at me before leaving the room.

After I heard the bang of the door, I brought out the package gingerly.

So what do you think about this chapter?.
Cliff is a new character who is the male protagonist.
What do you think is in the package?
Comment and let me know your thoughts.
Remember to click on that orange star.
Thanks.