14: ZINA'S BIRTHDAY

CLIFF

Zina had started the preparations for the get together party as soon as we got back from church along with Frank as they really talked a lot with different smiles dancing on their face, they really got along really well, I watched them in awe as my mind drifted back to what happened yesterday, I'd dreamt about that lady throughout the night and I guessed it was because I couldn't keep my mind off it. She was definetely the one that had insulted me in Nigeria.

Frank had been the first soul to wish Zina a beautiful birthday ,the alarm sounded indicating a new dawn,12 O'clock and at the drop of the hat, he had greeted her and had presented his gifts to her, mom was the next in line, after her wishes, my greetings followed.

"Cliff,are you okay?",Zina called with concern laced in her voice, she'd raised her head from the movie she was watching with Frank and had noticed I was deep in thoughts.
"Yeah",,I muttered nodding my head,Frank was looking intently at me as he had stopped watching the movie.

"You know you could always confide in me,,I'm your wife",she said smiling at me as I smiled back at her.
"Or are you thinking about the lady you bumped into yesterday", Frank bursted out,I'd told him about it the previous night but why did he have to bring it up?
I scrunched my eyebrows and cursed under my breath.

"Did anything happen yesterday that you aren't telling me about?",Zina questioned with a confused look as she looked from me to Frank and vice versa.
"It's nothing", I said trying to convince her but she wasn't convinced as she turned to Frank who blabbed about the whole matter, it was as if he was possessed but I couldn't blame him.

Few minutes later,Zina left the living room and went to the kitchen.
Frank and I were watching football when we heard a light knock from the door.
"I'll get the door", Frank uttered in the middle of our football discussion as he headed to the door. I guessed it was my parents or probably Zina's parents and I guessed...wrong.

Not realising the instant the door opened and hearing Frank say,"Oh!welcome", my head turned askance and Alexia walked up to me with a smile.
"How are you doing?",she questioned.
"Fine",,my reply being too quick as I grinned at her,a fake one that was noticeable but she still gave me this stupid smile she believed was attractive.
Alexia turned to Frank.

"What of Zina?",s he questioned as she saw me look away from me to Frank.
"In the kitchen with the cook", he responded as he sat on the sofa oppsite the loveseat I was sitting on ,Frank and Zina always sat on that loveseat whenever they were having a discussion at the living room.

Our house was a very large duplex having all the necessites needed for a beautiful house, it had been gifted to us by mom after our honeymoon from Dublin. In a minute, my parents walked in along with Zina's parents, apparently, they'd met outside and had decided to come into the house together and I actually thought they came with Alexia and my guess was right.

"Where is your wife?", that was mom's greeting after we all exchanged pleasantries.That was always her greetings, it was like her priority.
"She's dressing", Alexia replied, all eyes focused on her as the noisy sound of her high heels made her presence known.

The protest on the dining table shifted everyone's focus from Alexia, the cook was setting the table with the help of the other workers as the whole house was overthrown from nose tickling aromas and it got me salivating, certainly everyone salivated. Zina was actually the one who prepared the food,one thing I admired about her is that she prepared our food every blessed day ,though we had a cook but she was only a helping hand.

Zina's appearance was followed by the three-step cake placed in the middle of the dining table, Zina had bought this yesterday when Frank and I had visited the shopping mall, she'd visited the baking company around her parents house. Dressed in Frank's gift to her, Zina was a ravishing sight. Frank really got her a beautiful dress that suited her perfectly.
Well,why won't he?

So what do you think about this chapter?
Is their marriage beautiful?
Don't be a silent reader💝💝💝