41: IS IT TRUE?

PRISS

Suddenly, my chest tightened along with my neck muscles, my breath shortened and I coughed vigorously.

"Are you okay?", a stupid voice asked, I tried speaking but I couldn't. My vision disfigured and the next second, I felt the cold on my body, it was coming from the ground.

It was an attack as I was in need on my inhaler but it was no where near me. Someone shook my body but I found it hard to breath as my eyelids closed slowly.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

I could feel my body on a warm bed, the smell from drugs and drips tingled my nose, my eyes opened slowly and I recognised where I was- an hospital.

Looking around me, my eyes trailed down the weary looking Tenola, mom was who looking worried and scared and lastly Cliff.

Cliff.
I felt the sensation of anger rush in. And then my mind travelled back to what had brought me here.

FLASHBACK

"And how may I help you?", I questioned irritably as Zuleha gave me a disgusting look. What is she looking for?

Tenola and the others had left for lunch, I was preparing to go to Cliff when the door whoozed open to reveal the entrance of Zuleha.

She gave a lopsided smile before sitting on the blonde's seat.

"Obviously, I don't need your help, you need mine", she responded with a brazen smile.

"And why would I need your help?"

She readjusted her sitting position and placed her hand on the table while looking directly into my eyes.

"I'm here to throw you a bombshell", she said a low tone before laughing brazenly.

Has she gone manic?

"If you want to throw a bombshell, kindly go to your house and throw it at your family", I said gently with a plastic smile.

She smiled sappily before saying,"Let's see if it will explode in my family or yours"

I was getting fired up.

"Abeg, say whatever you want to say or get the hell out of here jare".

She clapped for some seconds while inspecting my eyes.

"Do you know Cliff is married?"

I laughed loudly, what kind pf bollocks is that? My one Cliff, married? Hell, no.

"That's meaningless, if you have nothing good to say , just get away with your jinx", I hollered.

A stupid smile appeared on her face while she drummed her index finger on the table with a strong, focused and unblinding eye contact.

"I knew from the start that you're a dunce but little did I know you'll exhibit your stupidity......", I cut her off midsentence, "Your lunatic display right here shows you're a dosser, so if you're jobless, just go to the tree and start plucking its leaves, you could as well eat them, lo bu gi je, " I retorted.

She pouted and shook her head with a pitiful look.

"I knew your pathetic being won't accept but anyway Cliff is married and to crown it all, he's married to Zina who is currently carrying his child", she disclosed dourly.

Something struck my heart. Different thoughts raced through my mind, fear crossed my face as my expression hardened. Could it be true?

"What...what makes you think I'll believe your lie", I challenged in a low tone while trying to find my voice.