8: MY FREEDOM

PRISS

Grandma knew it was time, isn't it?
That was why she smiled at me when she got into the house, she felt it was time for me to be free from this cruelty, time for me to live my life, time for me to be myself and time for me to see and enjoy the beautiful life I truly deserved.

The day before had been hell.
Feyikemi had beaten me to stupor and locked me up as usual all because Bewaji's assignment was left undone. However, unlike before, the closet which had served as my abode, my refuge had almost made me kiss the dust, when I was getting suffocated.

Thank the gracious God, Feyikemi flung open the closet at that period, and without looking left the room immediately. I instinctively crawled out gasping for air and thank goodness, the ceiling fan was on blowing so fast, hot air but at that time I needed to be ventilated anyhow if not, I knew I might be shut out of this earth. After frantic effort, I got hold of my inhaler, and came around panting, fearing my life could have been stuffed out just like that.

Did I hear it right?

Grandma had come for me, to actually bring me out of this slavery, she was taking me to her place in accordance with my mom's order. Pinching my nose several times and slapping my face till it hurt that I realized I wasn't dreaming. That, I was getting my long awaited freedom was more than anything to me. God had actually hearkened unto my supplications and had surprised me like this.

Ever since Mom left, grandma had only visited once and had been convinced by Feyikemi and dad that I was doing really well without mother. They had feigned concern and sweetness to the extent that I nearly believed the pretence myself.

But how did Mom find out or did Cliff finally contact her, or he merely didn't mention it in his last letter. Soon, Grandma made me realized Mom finally remembered me after a year and half, I mean eighteen miserable months of suffering, of bitterness and sheer enslavement.

I understood Mom had found out about dad's infidelity several months back when Feyikemi celebrated her birthday and dad had posted on his Facebook page pictures of Feyi and her beautiful kids with lots of praise and prayer for her .

It was said that after Mom realized this, she filed for an annulment and dad signed it without a second thought that it was as if he had wanted her out of his life way back.

Feyikemi on the other hand had been more than joyous as she got married to Dad legally, flaunting the fact that she was married. She had given me full dose of pain as she felt I was an intruder in the family, the fact that I was adopted was a great blessing to her as her kids who were the only legal children of dad and swiftly I was tagged nothing but a slave in that house, always rubbing it on my face that I was adopted and was nothing but unwanted.

After mom had settled down peacefully, she remembered me, and called grandma to take me away from the wicked ones. I would always be grateful to God for not allowing Mom to forget me and for blessing me with such an angel like Mom.

I actually left that house after countless and unwarranted screaming and yelling from Feyikemi without the slightest consideration for grandma's age. And Dad in his usual self was saying they had been taking care of me very well that I should be grateful to them than contemplating leaving but grandma was wiser and how she outsmarted them is still a misery to me till today.

My goodbye to that house was a great relief to me, I had my life back in my hands. I know grandma loved and cherished me, it was crystal clear that she was ready to take care of me, she was more than ready to treat me like her beloved and only grand child.

On getting to grandma's house, I was welcomed with a very sumptuous meal that had been prepared by her before she came for me, I ate with joy and excitement as I could vividly recall the last time I ate such a nutritious food was over a year before mom left.

After the meal, grandma and I visited the mall where grandma picked out a lot of clothes for me, I couldn't be happier. Thereafter, we visited an amusement park, the day couldn't be more blessed and beautiful as we had dinner at a restaurant before going to church.

Few days later, I got enrolled in a private secondary school not far from home. My life couldn't be more beautiful as I didn't ask for more but then few weeks later another girl arrived.
It was Tenola.

Who is happy for Priss?

Finally, she got the freedom she'd been praying for.

The story is moving forward and I hope you stay glued till the end.
Now, we'll be diving into Priss's free life which is the main focus of the story.

Don't forget to vote and share with your belovec friends.Love y'all.
I'm blowing you a beautiful kiss now💋,catch it oo