28: PENPALS

PRISS

Bending to pick up the purse that had fallen from my bag, another hand did. As I raised my head, my eyes met his and my heart did one quick back flip as I looked into his compelling eyes.
Cliff.
He was grinning at me and for a moment he just looked me in the eyes,we communicated through our eyes with shock and surprise screwed all over my face.

"Here",he pointed the purse at me as we both stood up simultaneously,our hearts were really in sync.
"Thanks", I mumbled trying to find my voice as I collrcted the purse from him.

"So why are you here?", he queried looking intently at me as if the answer was scribbled on me.
"I had to get something and you?", I urged as I returned the purse into my white faux leather satchel bag, the gift Dad had bought me after the ads became a success, I'd really appreciated it as I felt his fatherly love. He was getting into me as he made me feel love actually existed.

"Same reason as you", he responded showing me some papers as I gave him a small smile.

CLIFF

"Let's go for a walk", the words just came out of my mouth as soon as we walked out from MODUSOIL. I'd been wanting to have a good time with Priss. Throughout our stay in the elevator, we'd stayed in silence with none of us uttering a word, trying really hard to get something to say, I'd been short of words as I decided the best thing was to keep quiet, on getting out of the company, she'd headed towards her car as my words stopped her.

She turned to me with a blank expression and I actually thought she would lash me but instead she smiled and answered, "Sure".
Well, she was my friend for more than eighteen years, so why wouldn't she want to take a walk with me?

And then we sauntered towards the street ahead as we enjoyed the peace and quiet, we didn't say anything as an awkard silence fell, different thoughts raced in my head as we later sat on a wooden chair that was facing a beautiful garden, at the centre of the garden were people having picnics.

I could notice Priss's eyes were focused on a certain couple in which the guy was playing a guitar while the lady was singing, it was a beautiful sight as love was in the air.

"Priss", I called, waving a palm across her face as she was so engrossed in watching the couple. I really loved the way her name came out of my mouth to the fact that she was my penpal, truthfully I'd been the one that shortened her name to Priss as we both decided to call ourselves the shortened form of our names. I loved the fact that everyone called her that name that I'd given her.

"Cliff", she called with that beautiful voice of hers as I felt wonderful things in me, she turned to me and smiled.
"You enjoyed watching them right?",she nodded in affirmative before taking a glance at them and then turning to me with an affectionate smile, staring at me and smiling and for that period, I sincerely believe she was more than weird, not until she reminded,"You actually promised to sing for me if we ever come in contact and here we are sitted together".

WHAT!
I gave her a surprised look as I pondered on when I made that promise.
"You bragged about being a good guitarist in that letter, six years ago and I challenged you, that was when you made that promise, so I think now is the best time to do that", she expressed as she read my eyes as if the answer was there,,different smiles danced on my lips as my stomach clenched with quickened heartbeats.

She took my hand in hers as she pursed her lips and blinked her eyes pleadingly, Gosh!she was just too cute as she behaved like a baby,I felt like kissing her. Why is she doing this to me? How could I really decline? Withdrawing my hand from hers and placing it back on hers instantly, I smiled affectionately and mumbled,"Sure".