36: ZINA'S PALACE

PRISS

This is terrible. Why is this crazy fool trying to create a scene?

The day was bright, the first day of March, it was somehow cold, we'd just gotten back from church and I'd  decided to visit ZINA'S PALACE so far everyone had gone out, even Tenola had gone to Davies, Zina had invited me to her company so far we'll be taking up the ad for her new product. The pharmaceutical ad had been a success.

I'd been checking on ZINA HIBI before I bumped into this unscrupulous lady, stepping on her with my wedge, I apologized instantly but she screamed so hard creating an ugly scene.

“Are you blind?”, she yelled.
I smirked before apologizing again but then she wasn't ready to get placated little did she know I wasn't cut out for balderdash.

“I bought this from Paris two weeks ago during the fashion show, you have to get me a new pair of this clip on sandal”, she blabbed in a high tone.

What was my concern with that? Why did she have to tell me how she got those attractive sandals? What sort of palaver is that? Why was she aggrandizing the issue?

Just because I stepped on her sandals, it was destroyed and I would get a new pair,in her wildest dreams, sizing her up, pride was written on her body, what a pompous ass!

“So, why are you gisting me? I can never get you any pair, let that stick into your blockhead”, getting irritated by her sight, I eyed her.
All the while, different eyes were plugged on us.
She screwed her hair off her face and clapped sarcastically as I rolled my eyes.

“I can't blame you, poverty is all over you, that's why you don't know the worth of this sandals,you street urchin!”,she shrieked.
So this ugly thing called me a beggar.

“Your incessant incogruent and repulsive outburst can only be likened to that of a dipsomaniac, do I look like a street urchin to you?
well,then you seriously need the attention of an optician, you ape from hell!”, I snapped.

Her eyes burned with humiliation and  she pressed her lips together in a straight line before opening her mouth to retort, the words were altered by a lady's beautiful voice that called,“ZULEHA!”

We turned to the direction of the voice simultaneously to see Zina approaching us.
How did Zina know this wench?
Then recognition dawned on me, the stupid lady's name is Zuleha and for Zina to know her, she would definetely be Cliff's ex-girlfriend.

Zina scowled at Zuleha .
“Why are you creating a scene here?”, she voiced, giving her a menancing look.
The stupid Zuleha faked a smile that was crook before smacking a palm into her forehead.

“Oh! I've forgotten I'm in ZINA'S PALACE, Zina,it's been a little long, sorry for any inconvience”, she conceded in a graceful manner.
Hypocrite!
Could she possibly be the one threatening Cliff?
Cliff had gotten that same call thrice last month before the month ended.

Millions of eyes were already deserting us as others walked around the company to face their main purpose for coming to the company.
“Hi, Priss”, Zina greeted, smiling benevolently at me, she ignored Zuleha.
Smiling back at her,I responded,“Hi”.

Turning to the stupid Zuleha, her face was suffused with anger, but I cared less.
“Zina, do you know this nincompoop?“,not allowing her words to breathe at all, I sneered,“Don't you ever call me a nincompoop,you dunce, dunderhead!”.

Her face hardened, she clung unto Zina's arms with her eyes piercing shot of contempt at me, she chided,“Zina, can you believe this fatheaded bitch has been harrassing me ever since I got here”.
I'd wanted  to heckle before Zina sighed,“Enough of all this your monkey acts Zuleha, I know you're only trying to exaggerate this issue”.