Chapter 394

Chapter 394

The week finally comes to an end, Elizabeth and Brian having a wonderful time together. Their honeymoon was just as nice as their wedding. It is just now time to go home and back to real everyday life. In one way, they couldn't wait so they can see their kids and in another, they wish they didn't have to leave.

Once home, they are happy to see their sons and spend some time with them before everything going back to normal. It was early Monday morning and back to the grind.

"Babe, I think we should come here next year for our anniversary again. Make this a once a year event for us to share." Brian says.

"I think that's a wonderful idea. I really did enjoy this week. It flew by so fast, now that we are home I am going to miss you going to work. I guess in a way, when we worked together it made me spoiled. I got to see you every day and spend all kinds of time with you. I have to admit I do miss that at times." Elizabeth replies.

"You won't have to worry about that too much. Monica will be putting the last book out very soon and we will need to tour for it. More then the other two, since its the last and she wants to make a big deal out of it. I think we should enjoy it all and let go some. Make it like another honeymoon." Brian answers.

"That sounds wonderful. I will miss when it's over anything I write next will be without you." Elizabeth says in a low tone.

"Babe, it's not without me, I am right here with you. Always. I may not have to dress up as Zach but I will still be by your side. I don't think I could make you tour alone, I don't even like the idea of it. You are still taking some time off right?" Brian asks.

"Yes, I am. I need to think about what I want to do next and spend as much time with our sons as I can. I guess after all is said and done, I like being a mother more than anything I have ever done. I am grateful I got to write and make my dream come true. Plus I got to meet you, but I am a mom at heart. I like staying at home and taking care of our sons. I am just lucky that with the work that I do, I don't have to leave them all the time." Elizabeth states.

"I am glad that you are that, I thank you for taking Tylor as your own. That was a lot to take on and you just went with it like it was nothing. He feels so safe and at home and it's all due to you." Brian remarks.

"It was nothing, he is just a boy and he needs both parents. I can't take his mother's place, but I am here for when he needs me, and he knows that. I am so happy we had Zach. I know the way it took place wasn't the greatest but I couldn't image my life without him now." Elizabeth says.

"Neither could I, he is so sweet just like you," Brian replies with a smile.

Brian kisses Elizabeth grabbing his morning coffee, knowing the day ahead will belong. It was back to work. Brian just wondering what he will find when he gets to the office. Is Izzy ok? Is Sean ok? Is Sean coming back to work or still hiding at home in his office? Brian thinks of so many things as he heads out to work. Just not letting one in front of Elizabeth. He didn't want to put his worries on her, plus he had no idea what was going on yet. He just knew the last time he talked to Sean, he was dealing with a lot.

Brian also thought on the way to work if the results were back? What would that lead to? Would it open another can of worms? Or give him the father that he really wanted to have? Either way, he knew he wasn't letting it change who he has become. For his father's mistakes were not going to make him, have the same ones.

It takes Brian no time to get to his office, pulling up and parking, then walking inside. To his surprise seeing Izzy and Sean together at the front desk talking and smiling at each other. He sees that Sean is happy, and back to normal which just lets him wonder more.

"Hey looks whos back," Sean says.

"Yea, I'm back." Brian answers.

"How was your honeymoon?" Izzy asks.

"It was wonderful, your mother and I had a perfect time. We are going to go back next year as well. Make it a tradition for our anniversary."Brian replies.

"That's great, we are really glad you both had a great time. Welcome back to reality though. The files are piling on your desk, so you better get to work." Sean laughs.

"I bet they are. If it would be ok, can I have a moment with you in my office Sean?" Brian asks.

"Yea, I will be right in," Sean says.

Brian walks to his office putting his suitcase down and taking a seat in his large plush brown chair. Sean walking in behind him, closing the door.

"What's up?" Sean asks.

"That's what I want to know? You seem happy and normal, what happened?" Brian says.

"I told Martha how I felt, and she left for good. At the start, I felt terrible but after a few days, I felt free. I came back to work and talked to Izzy telling her what happened. We are still just friends but we hang out more and more. Even going on dates at night together. It's been really nice. I haven't had so much fun in so long. I really do know how you felt on tour with Elizabeth now. I see everything you went through and why you did half of the crazy shit you did." Sean answers.

"Thanks, I think. How is Martha? She was ok with all this?" Brian asks.

"She wasn't ok, not really but she saw we were not happy for a while. She even knew about Izzy. She went back home to her parents, I am sure she will find someone to make her happy. She said in all the time we were together I never mention marriage or kids with her. She was was right, I didn't. I figured we would be together always though, but I never really wanted to get married." Sean remarks.

"I get ya, you do seem a lot more happier that, it's over. I am sure she did know about Izzy, even Elizabeth had an inkling. Your not very good at hiding your feelings." Brian laughs.

"Shit, I guess not. Is she mad at me? I still want to come over and talk to her about this. Maybe Sunday for dinner? You think she will kill me?" Sean says with a chuckle.

"No, she won't kill you. She likes you and knows your a good guy. She didn't have any problems with it. She wanted you and Izzy to work it out for yourselves. " Brian answers.

"Yea, but our ages? And I am your brother..." Sean says.

"Age is just a number and so your my brother? I guess it's a little weird in a way but you two are not related at all. You were not raised together, you just really met. It just happens that I married her mother." Brian explains.

"When you put it that way, it's not so bad. So is Sunday ok?" Sean asks.

"Yes, Sunday is fine, you always use to come for dinner on Sundays anyway. You just stopped when Izzy started to work here. You didn't seem happy with anything for awhile there." Brian comments.

"I wasn't. I didn't know what I wanted. I was confused and stuck. I was with Martha for ten years, its a long time. I feel free at the moment that I am not going behind her back, but there are times I do still miss her, even if it's as a friend. I always did tell her things. It's just complicated." Sean answers.

"Complicated? You're telling me about complicated? I think I know all about that and more." Brian jokes.

"Yea I guess your right. Please tell Elizabeth I will be over for dinner on Sunday and would like to have a chat with her." Sean replies.

"You got it. Let's get back to work, all these files on my desk are making me nervous." Brian responds.

"You should be there for awhile looking at them. Have fun, I am going back to my own office." Sean remarks, opening the door and walking out.

Brian was glad things were calming down for his brother, he just knew that a lot more was coming. Was this relationship going to be good? Or drag him down? Only time would tell.