Chapter 233

Chapter 233

Adam sits at his desk relieved that Victoria and Matt are working things out. Also glad that Victoria kept the truth to herself, letting Matt think it's his child. With that, he is also ashamed of himself. This isn't what he wanted at all. There just wasn't any going back from this. The truth was too foul to come out. It was better under lock and key. He would still see and know the child, just as grandpa, not father. He just knew this wasn't very fair at all to his son, there just wasn't anything he could do about it.

It wouldn't be like Brian, it would be in his family and have his last name, able to enjoy all the fruits of his labor. He would make sure, he was close to him and knew him well. That wouldn't be a problem.

He knew he had to tell Margret, to get ready for the dinner party, so he leaves the office early to go home and let her know.

He gets into his car and drives home to his large house filled with all expensive and glamorous things. He just looks around and smiles to himself, knowing he created all this all on his own. He may suffer in some ways but he had to admit, he had it all in other ways. There was always pros and cons to everything. The pros just outweighed the cons in some areas, or at least he thought so.

"Margret my love, I came home to enjoy dinner with you. I would like to talk to you also. " Adam states kissing her on her cheek.

"It's odd seeing you home so early. If must be important. " Margret answers. This tall thin, blonde, blue-eyed woman completely put together. There wasn't not even one spec of her out of place.

"Yes, it's about our son," Adam responds

"You're taking an interest in him all of a sudden?" Margret spats.

"That's not fair, I always have taken one in him. Why does it that you both always say that I didn't? Because I was hard on him? Wanted the best for him? That was taking an interest in him. I wanted him to be all he could be. Have more than me." Adam hisses.

"You always pushed so hard, so much you pushed him away. He never was good enough in your eyes. He always felt belittled and not enough." Marget answers.

"I never said, he wasn't good enough. I kept pushing so he would be the best, and he is. He is making partner this year, he is doing better than ever. Finally being the man he should be. Without my pushing, he wouldn't be where he is today." Adam grips.

"Really? Married to that insufferable bitch?" Margret replies.

"His wife choice wasn't the best but it will do. They are going to have a child together. I told Matt, I would throw him a party to celebrate. I know how you love your parties and for your friends to see how well off we are. I figured it would be nice for all." Adam admits.

"Our son is having a baby with her? I hope he knows what he is doing. I will throw the party for him. He deserves it, to show him that we are there for him no matter what. He is a good boy, I am glad you are seeing that now. You need to be closer to him and show him how much he really means to you. Not this crap you have been pulling." Margret snears.

"I know he is your baby boy, its why I had to be the tough one. You were always too lenient with him." Adam answers.

"Someone had to have kindness with him. Show him love and caring, what your suppose to show your children. I will send out the invites and get things ready for the party. It will be this Saturday. I am going to make it only close family and friends. Invites will be limited, we don't need to overdo it. Plus I am sure when she has her baby shower she will want all kinds of things. " Margret says.

"As you wish, make sure you invite Brian and his wife. They are also trying to make things go right between them. He is also making Partner so they need to learn to get along." Adam states.

"Really? Our son has worked hard all these years and this boy just walks into the firm for a few months and he is making partner? I really do not understand you at times. There are things you do, I just don't accept. " Margret snaps.

"He is working extremely hard, he knows how to do this job very well. Between him and Matt, the firm will be better than ever. I know what I am doing, even if you feel that I don't. I wouldn't just leave this firm with anyone. These two will take it all the way." Adam answers.

"If you say so, you need to put our son first. Do you hear me, Adam?" Margret says.

"Yes, he is first. I have to say when it comes to the boy, you sure know how to fight. Your a better lawyer then both of us." Adam smiles.

"I will fight for him, no matter what. Don't forever that. He is my child and he means the world to me. Nothing can or will replace that." Margret says walking out of the dining room.

Adam knew she always loved Matt no matter what. He did also, just always showed it in a different way, maybe on that, he shouldn't have. He would take her advice and try to open up now and be a better father, to both of his sons. He was happy she didn't ask why he invited Brian.

He just knew she was good at putting on a party and acting as if everything was perfect. They have done it all these years. He also knew she wasn't too fond of Victoria, just putting up with her because of Matt. Everyone knew what Victoria was, just Margret was ten times better, plus she as rich. Victoria did her best not to get on the bad side of Margret, she knew there was no winning.