Chapter 223

Chapter 223

Brian just sits at his desk, wondering what the hell Victoria was trying to get at. He felt that was the stupidest thing, she could have ever done. Then he felt she just loved to make drama and problems. So what else was new? It probably was just a way to get attention, the attention she so often sought.

He puts her in the back of his mind, as he knows he has his own work and Matt's to do now because of her. His calling the investigator would have to wait till later on. As now, he had to go to court and work on this extra case. He sits at his desk, trying to get up to date with it and figure out what to do. Which doesn't take him long at all. Adam was right, he was the man for the job. He was better at this than he ever expected to be.

He gets up from his desk grabbing his jacket, and suitcase and heads out of his office to the garage. Getting into his black four-door car to go to the courthouse.

When he gets there, he sees that Adam is there, which only makes him wonder, why he didn't just take the case on himself. Why he was giving it to him. He wondered a lot of things about Adam. A lot just never added up, he just didn't know why. Or really have the time to think it over. He was just too busy lately. And he would shrug most of it off, just feeling that Adam saw them grow up and felt a bit closer to him, then if he hadn't. Never really thinking he could be something more then he appeared to be.

After the case is over, Brian is relieved everything went well. He sees Adam give him a nod and walk out of the courtroom. Was this a test? Brian wondered. Feeling if so he passed it. IF Matt was going to be preoccupied with Victoria, Brian was going to take advantage of it. He worked hard enough, why not? Then he really didn't have to worry. Adam said he was going to let him run the company. Which was another thing that made him think.

He really wasn't family, why was he doing that? He also didn't want anyone thinking it was just handed to him. If he was going to get this, he was going to work for it, fair and square, he was going to be better at this then even Matt was. Showing him, that anything that Adam was going to give him, was earned. Brian wasn't taking any handouts. Even when he was down and out, he never did. He would just work harder to get where he had to be. It seemed so far to be working, as he finally has gotten everything he ever wanted and more.

Brian again puts thinking about it on the back burner and heads back to his office to take care of other things. Wanting to call his own detective, so he could get the show on the road with his own father and find out what the hell was going on. He hoped that he could get some answers. One's he has been also asking himself for a very long time. Ones that meant more to him than the questions he had about Adam after all this was his own father.

Once back at his office, he takes a seat and calls one of his friends that he knows is a private eye.

"Hey Ron, I need some help," Brian says.

"Sure what can I do for you? Its been a long time." Ron says.

"I need you to look into my father on the down-low. My brother and I want to meet him and ask him some questions. We just don't know where he is." Brian replies.

"Ok, send me the info you have on him, so I can start looking. What if he doesn't want to meet?" Ron asks.

"Than fine. We would just like to ask him a few things, We are not really looking for a relationship. He doesn't have to worry. " Brian responds.

"K, I just know how some of these go. Some people just don't want to be found. Or some are dead. Some even deny they are the parent." Ron comments.

"I doubt he is dead, It's been twenty-nine years though. He walked out on my mother and never looked back leaving me and my brother behind. I am sure there was some reason for doing this, and that's what me and my brother would like to know." Brian states.

"It happens a lot, people move on, new life, new families. You need to be ready for anything." Ron answers.

"I am, I have seen a lot. I will fax you and let me know what you find. Only talk to me no one else. I don't want anyone else knowing about this." Brian comments.

"That's fine. I will only call you on your cell phone." Ron answers.

"Great thank you for everything."Brian says.

Brian already knew everything that Ron said. He saw it himself working for the firm. He saw a lot of things working for the firm. In one way, he wished that Ron would find him, and in another, he wished he didn't. It was easy to say he would be able to ask him everything he wanted when in reality he wasn't so sure if he could.

It bothered him more then he would like to admit, that he left him and his brother. He just wanted to hear from his own mouth why he did. What would make him leave? Then he thought about what Victoria said to Elizabeth. That he was just like his father. Maybe he was, he left Victoria and walked away like it was nothing.

There was a time, he wasn't that great of a father either. He just wasn't able to leave Tylor. He loved him and wanted to be there for him. So, in the end, he was different. He grew up and became the man he needed to be for his wife and children. Why couldn't his father do the same?