Chapter 323

Chapter 323

Elizabeth stays in the office on the sofa, curled up with a blanket, trying her best to wrap her mind around everything. She knows she needs to calm down to think properly because, at the moment, she was everywhere. Her mind was racing and her heart was going just as fast. She is so upset, she even feels like she has to throw up.

She takes a deep breathe calming her nerves. She thinks about all they just shared and how it couldn't be fake. How close they just were with each other. How everything can go back to what it was. Then she feels betrayed and hurt from everything he just said. How could he go out and want to sleep with someone else? Why would he ever try? Was she not enough for him? Was he needing more?

She gets a bit calmer knowing, that he was having issues with her trusting him, that everything was coming down on him all at once. Their earlier discussion, they said they would tell each other everything even if it would hurt. They would tell the truth and talk it out. Well, he told her the truth. He didn't hid or keep it from her, he was being honest and trying to do what she asked, now she was the one to walk away and flip out. Just it was hard for her not to. She was so hurt, she couldn't talk to him at the moment or even look at him.

She just sits there till morning, not getting an ounce of sleep, she just tries to stay calm and thinks about everything.

Brian stays in the bedroom, laying in bed, thinking the worse, and how maybe it was wrong to tell her this? Maybe her never knowing was better? They could have moved on, and things would have stayed the same? It was too late for that, and she needed to know. He would just have to deal with the fall out now.

He lays there till it's going on six Am, his mind jumping to every which way, wondering what she is thinking, and what she is going to do. He can't take it anymore, he needs to talk to her. He needs to see her. They are in the same house, yet it seems so far away.

Brian gets up and walks to the office, seeing the door slightly open, he peeks in seeing her on the sofa, sitting there looking into the fireplace. He knows she didn't get any sleep either. He lightly knocks on the door, hoping she will let him in. Just needing to be with her and try to fix this.

"Can I come in?" Brian asks.

"Yea." Elizabeth answers.

Brian walks in and takes a seat next to her on the brown plush sofa. They just look at each other, both in pain and filled with hurt. Brian moves in close wanting and needing to hold her, He just hopes she doesn't push him away as she did before. That hurt him more than anything.

He lightly puts his hand on her knee, moving closer, she just looks at him, tears still in her eyes.

"I'm sorry, I want you to know that," Brian says.

"I am going to ask you this, now that I am a bit calmer. I want the truth. Don't lie or sugar coat it either." Elizabeth replies.

"Ok, anything. Ask me anything." Brian responds.

"Did you break our vows? Did you touch or sleep with her?" Elizabeth asks calmly.

"No, I didn't touch or sleep with her. I also didn't go asking for it either. I know you don't want details, but I want you to know. I didn't come on to her, I didn't start anything." Brian replies.

"Ok, I know part of what got us here, was me not trusting you. So with what you just told me, I am going to trust you, at the same time, I am going to let you know. IF you ever do cheat, I am out of here. I can't deal with it, I can't see you with someone else. If you feel you need more or someone else, then tell me now. Don't waste either of our time. I don't want details, I can't right now." Elizabeth remarks.

"I don't, It was something I had to see, and I did. It is over and never will happen again. I want our marriage to work." Brian tells her again, seeing now she is hearing him. Which before she was too upset to hear anything.

"Ok. I don't want to hear any more about it." Elizabeth answers.

"Are you ok?" Brian asks.

"No, but I will be. I just need some time." Elizabeth comments.

"Ok, I promise you, you have nothing to worry about. I love you and this only made me see just how much. Why don't we redo our wedding vows? Start over from scratch? We need a new start, from everything, not only this." Brian says.

"Maybe that's a good idea I still need some time," Elizabeth replies, still a bit hurt just trying to move on.

Brian takes both her hands in his, and gets on one knee. " I know we been through a lot, and I have a lot to prove still. I just hope, you know I do want us to work, and I want you and only you. Will you remarry me?" Brian asks.

"Yes, I will remarry you," Elizabeth says even though she isn't sure about anything.

Brian gives her a big hug, knowing they have a bit to go to fix this. Even though she is letting it go some, he sees the pain he caused. He also sees she is big enough to believe him and try. He is thankful that it is going this way. She was trusting him, what he wanted so badly, he just feels bad that it had to be done this way.

He also sees even though she agreed to even get remarried, her body language and her manner is different. He hopes that it changes and they can go back to what they just shared only hours before.