Chapter 356

Chapter 356

Its now time for dinner, everyone heading to the dining room table. Brian just takes a look around and smiles. Everyone here today meant something special to him, he finally had a family to call his own. One that he loved dearly.

The table is all done up with all kinds of foods, this extra-large turkey in the middle of the table, surrounded by candied yams, biscuits, cream corn, mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, stuffing, and cranberry sauce, not to mention what was for dessert. Brian just looks over at Elizabeth seeing her beam from ear to ear. He knew she was happy, and that is all he could ask for.

They all sit down, saying grace, all thankful for all that they have, and for most of all having each other. After grace they all start eating, enjoying the meal that is prepared for them all. Sean just looks at Brian and hopes he really sees everything he has. He knew how his brother was, in the past he took things for granted, he was never happy with anything he had. Sean just hoped that really changed now, seeing that what was in front of him, was a good thing.

In many ways, Brian andSean were two different people. Sean might have been the younger brother, but he had his life down pat. Being with a woman he wanted to be with and more than happy to only be with her. He had a simple job and was a simple man, living in his childhood home. He was happy with that, where he saw Brian wanted more, much much more. He was glad his brother was achieving everything he wanted, he just hoped he didn't let it all slip through his fingers.

Sean was glad in a way, Victoria was no longer in his life, maybe now that part would calm down. As he knew in the past, he would give in to Victoria even if it was just sexually. Which always led to things that were not good. Just Brian kept falling into the same pattern. Now it was broken, Brian didn't have to pay for the mistake he made when he was a kid anymore. Any mistake he would make now had nothing to do with Victoria. He couldn't blame her anymore.

As they are sitting there eating, Joan says she has something she would like to announce.

"Well, I have something, I would like to tell you all. I have been going around and around in my head for months now if I really wanted to do this or not. Just my dear son in law pushed the subject which made me think about things even more." Joan says.

"What is wrong mom?" Elizabeth asks.

"Nothing really, I just made the decision, that I will be moving here to live close to you guys. I am going to give it a chance. Brian was kind enough to say about a suite just for me to stay. I am going to take him up on it. If I like it here, then I will sell my home in Wisconsin. I am just going to stay here for a bit before I do that. It's a lot for me to just leave there. I lived there all my life. I just know to be around you, and Zach it would be better to live here." Joan answers.

"I think that is a wonderful idea. I am so happy that you decided that." Elizabeth replies looking over at Brian, giving him a smile and mouthing thank you.

"I do love being here and watching the boys grow up. Just like I did the girls. Izzy will be here in a few days and I am sure she will wind up staying. The only thing is, Sofia isn't here with us. I feel bad leaving her behind. I just know moving here isn't something she would want to do." Joan responds.

"She is an adult, and if she wants to stay there, that is her choice. I understand it fully. I knew when I moved here, I wouldn't ever have the life I had before. I knew there were things I had to give up. Things I would miss, I am just happy that at least I have you and Izzy here. I will do my best to stay as close to Sofia as I can. I call her daily and try to be in her life. She is happy there with her husband. I am glad for that." Elizabeth states.

"She has her father, he is a lot of things but he is there for both of them. Also, we are moving, its not the end of the world. People, do it every day right? Sometimes it's just the right thing to do. I do have to say I never saw this coming at all. The move, the new marriage, the new baby. When you did it over again, you didn't miss a trick." Joan laughs.

"Tell me about it. As they say, do it big or go home." Elizabeth jokes.

Brian and the rest laughing as well.

They finish their dinner, enjoying it with the special people there today. It was calm and peaceful. Nothing like past holidays with Karen and Joe. How things have changed in just a small amount of time. Joe wasn't even alive any longer. Ethan was living with Karen, now putting up with her all on his own.

Elizabeth did think about him, hoping that at least some happiness was entering his life. He might not have been the greatest husband but he did deserve happiness. She found hers even though at times, it had a price. She just hoped that Ethan would find his as well.

After all, they went through, they both needed happiness in their lives. She also knew however she was feeling, not to go near him. She knew how he was, and that one act of kindness would only blow up in her face. That was one thing she could never forget or understand, how Ethan always turned everything around. The sadness she felt about him being alone there, quickly subsided, realizing why he was alone. Why he was where he was today, it wasn't her problem anymore.