Chapter Thirty: The Aftermath of Hero Killer; Stain

We later heard later that the Hero Killer Stain had suffered a punctured lung from one of his ribs and that's why he was unconscious. The four of us students were taken to the Hosu City hospital and treated for our wounds.

Dad had just gotten done lecturing me about attracting danger when he went to go sign some paperwork. Looking at myself, I had bandages wrapped around my arm and leg that got stabbed. My room was a-crossed from the boys, grabbing my crutches I made my way over to their room and laid on the open bed.

"Did you sleep Akari?" Shoto asked me as I laid on the bed.

"No, not really" I said lowly.

"I figured, me neither" Shoto told me.

"Thinking about that fight now we did something pretty amazing" Izuku said and I nodded in agreement.

"Yeah I agree" Shoto said to him.

"After everything that happened back there, it kind of feels like its miracle were even alive" I told them.

"Yeah true, with our legs messed up, we were easy targets, he probably could've killed us if he really wanted to" Izuku said while looking at me.

"Yeah, seems to me he let us all live on purpose, I'm impressed by you though Iida, he was actually trying to murder you but you stood tall" Shoto said while looking at his bandaged arm.

"That's not true, I was-" Iida began to say but was interrupted by the door opening.

"Oh, so the injured youngins are awake" Gran Torino said while opening the door to reveal him and a man who I assume to be Iida's mentor.

"Gran Torino!" Izuku said surprised.

"And Manual too!" Iida said taken-back.

"Idiot, I could yell at you for hours right now" Gran Torino said walking up to Izuku.

"Yeah, I'm sorry" Izuku said slowly.

"But before I do, you've got a visitor" Gran Torino told him and in walked a man that looked like a dog making me tilt my head.

"This is Hosu's chief of police, Kenji Tsuragamae" Gran Torino told us and my eyes widened as I tried to stand up to show respect.

"No, please stay seated woof" he told Izuku and I, I held in a laugh at the 'woof'.

"So, you're the UA students who brought down the Hero Killer, Huh?" He asked us.

"We are" Shoto responded for us.

"Stain had some serious injuries, severe burns and several broken bones. Right now he's in the hospital under strict guard, woof" he told us with stern eyes.

"Here's a lesson you should have already learned, when Quirks became the norm the police force sought to maintain the status quo. They decided we wouldn't use Quirk's as weapons, that's when heroes came in. They could do what we couldn't, if they were licensed of course, woof" he explained.

"It would be impossible for the police to condone the use of deadly Quirk's. After all, we're here to stop such harm from being done. The only reason pros can use their power now is because of the strict code of ethics that early Heroes chose to abide by. That's why it's against the law for uncertified people to use their quirks to cause injury" he said more.

'Oh no, he's saying what we did was illegal' I thought to myself.

"Whether you were up against the Hero Killer or not none of you have the authority to harm the villain. That means the four of you and your supervisors, Endeavor, Manual and Gran Torino should receive harsh punishments for this gross abuse of your powers" he told us and I looked down shocked.