Chapter Twenty Two: Bakugo vs Uraraka

Izuku, Iida and I were back in the student's section. I was standing with my arms crossed staring down at the sight below. Uraraka began to walk onto the field, I looked towards Katsuki to see his eyes already looking at me. We stood maybe a hundred plus feet apart, staring at each other. Our fight was still prominent in my mind as his red eyes looked into mine.

Uraraka then stood twenty feet away from him as Present Mic announced them to the crowd.

"Midoriya, I'm curious what was that strategy that would give Uraraka an advantage against Bakugo?" Iida asked him, I listened in curious as well.

"Honestly, it wasn't much of a plan, Kacchan is so strong. When it comes to close combat he almost never has any openings and the more he moves the more he sweats which makes him more powerful" Izuku said looking at his notebook.

"He's gotten really good at using his explosions to move around in the air but if Uraraka is able to touch him she can use her Quirk to make him float, she could send him out of bounds" Izuku explained more "That's why it's obvious what Uraraka needs to do to get the upper hand".

"Let the eighth match... BEGIN!"

"Strike first!" Izuku and I say at the same time, Uraraka bolted towards Katsuki off towards him.

"Wow, look at her go!" Izuku says excited.

"That's a good start, and all she has to do is touch him one time!" Izuku says excited for her.

"But it won't be easy, you know he won't let her get close to him" Iida said.

"Which is why he won't dodge, he'll focus his energy on counterattacking" I said worried.

As Uraraka ran towards Katsuki he brought his right arm back beginning to defend himself. Katsuki then slammed an explosion into her making her go flying back.

"Uraraka!" Iida and Izuku yell out while everyone gasps.

Before the smoke even cleared Katsuki shot another explosion off. Once the smoke cleared, Katsuki had his hand on Uraraka's shirt making him looked stunned. Uraraka jumped out from the smoke behind him, surprising us all.

"WOAHHH! She flew her jacket over as a decoy! What incredible quick thinking!" Present Mic shouts and Uraraka heads towards him.

Before she could touch him though, Katsuki blasts her away making her yell at the impact. I cringed not wanting to watch this. Katsuki pushed smoke away and they began to run at each other. Katsuki exploded the ground at her causing rocks to fly everywhere but she dodged and came up from behind him. Katsuki shot explosion after explosion after her making me bite my lip nervously. Uraraka was managing to avoid all contact which was surprising me.

I looked at the scene before me, trying to figure out her plan when I realized it making me smile. I then heard the crowd start to boo at Katsuki for not just pushing her out of bounds, making me shake my head.

"The crowd is now booing Bakugo! And honestly I kinda agree with what they're say-" Present Mic says but is cut off.

"Where is the man who started this uproar? Are you a pro?" Dad questioned making everyone confused.

"Because if you're being serious, you can go home and hang up your cape. I'd suggest looking into another career" Dad says spitefully.

"You know what he's talking about?" Izuku asked, and I smirked.

"Isn't is obvious?" I replied.

"Bakugo's fierceness is an acknowledgment of his opponents strength, he knows she deserves to have made it this far, so he's making sure he does whatever it takes to keep her at bay and come out on top" Dad explained as the crowd now realized what was going on.