Single Parent

We should appreciate this lyric video a
little more.
Almost one year old 🥺

Parent: Jonah
Daniel: 2

Uncles: Corbyn, Jack and Zach

Status: Edited

᯽᯽᯽
Postnatal depression is a type of depression that many parents experience after having a baby.

______________

It was difficult for Jonah. Being a single dad wasn't the easiest thing in the world, it had a lot of challenges.

After Daniel Marais was born, his momma developed Postnatal Depression.

She didn't understand, she just had the happiest baby in the world.

So why wasn't she happy?

-

Jonah tried everything.

But once the first hospital to get into contact the family was four months after her death.

-
-

Jonah locked himself in his house with his once seven month old son, making his friends leave the grocery's at the locked front door.

He didn't have the energy to go outside,

To speak to anyone.

He missed his girlfriend.

Two Years Later..

Jonah sat his now two year old son on the kitchen counter, tying his shoelaces and sipping up the boys red jacket to keep him warm.

"Ready to see your uncles today?" Jonah asked, smiling at his brunette son.

"Yeah!" Daniel clapped his hands.

"Come on, bubba. Let's get in the car" Jonah spun his adorable son around the kitchen.

Daniels laugh was Jonah's happiness. Whenever the man felt down, he would just scroll through his camera roll. Watching his seemingly endless videos of his adorable boy.

"Uncle Zachy!" Daniel squealed once he saw Zach running over to the car as Jonah parked outside his best friends house.

Throwing open the door, Zach rapidly unbuckled his nephew and lifting him into a large hug.

"Zach! Wait until Jo's at least gotten out himself" his curly haired friend laughed, walking out of their house they share together.

"He's just so adorable! Look at him" Zach cooed at his nephew.

"Uncle JJ" Daniel cutely spoke, holding out his arms for Jack to pick him up.

Jonah chuckled to himself as he got out of his car and locked it, following his two best friends into the house.

Walking into the familiar house, Jonah looked around for his blonde friend.

"Hey, wheres Corbs?" Jonah asked.

"Oh.. I don't actually know" Jack told Jonah.

Zach was getting a snack for Daniel -and himself- from one of the many cupboards in the modern kitchen.

"Chocolate, or popcorn?" Zach asked Daniel, who was sat cross legged on the counter in front of the brunette.

"Me no like chocolate" Daniel crossed his arms.

"Right, sorry bud" Zach laughed, pulling out two bags of popcorn.

Jonah smiled at his two best friends and his son sitting on their yellow couch.

Zach and Jack have been together for three years, coming up to four. The couple have always wanted children of their own but always thought they were too young.

"Are you two alright to watch Dani for a bit? I need to run some errands" Jonah asked, snapping out his gaze.

"Of course!" Zach exclaimed, hugging Daniel tightly.

"Good, I better come back to see the house still standing and my son with no injuries" Jonah laughed.

He knew Jack and Zach would protect Daniel no matter what was happening. The younger boy in the couple said he would save Daniel and throw Jack into a fire if he had the choice to save either one.

But the brunette dad wasn't going to run errands, he was going to visit where his girlfriend is buried.

It had been two years since the Mom was gone.
Jonah didn't want Daniel to go, to him Daniel was too young.

Stopping off at the florist, Jonah bought some red and yellow roses. His and Tate's favourite, as he walked across the street to the cemetery.

He spotted his dyed blonde haired friend sitting by his girlfriends grave. Jonah felt his bottom lip tremble slightly.

Corbyn was always close to Tate, and when she ended up taking her own life, Corbyn took it the hardest.

Jonah had a reason to keep living, he had his son. But Corbyn had nobody.

"Bean?" Jonah asked, looking at his friend.

"O- Oh I'm sorry" Corbyn stood up, wiping away his tears. "I w- was just going"

Corbyn struggled losing Tatum, his middle school best friend. A few weeks before Tates passing the blonde and his longtime girlfriend broke up, which devastated the boy.

He blamed himself, partly for Tatum's death. They were suppose to be best friends, Corbyn was suppose to notice something was wrong.

The day she took her life, Corbyn failed to call her. Like he did every night to make sure she had a good day.

But he didn't.

He forgot.

Maybe if he had just remembered, she could still be alive?

Corbyn was diagnosed with depression one year later, but he didn't tell anyone about his diagnosis. His friends and family were focused on helping Jonah, the single parent.

Not the broken boy.