Alcoholic Parent

Thank you for the
request CeciliaDryan0
I didn't particularly understand
what you wanted.
I'm sorry.

| Parent: Zach              |
| Corbyn: Fourteen  |
| Jack: Eleven            /\
| Daniel: Six                  |
| Jonah: Two                 |

Zach is a single father. His wife passed away a couple of days after Jonah was born, which caused the Herron family serve heartache.

Zach sat in his home office, with a bottle of alcohol next to him on his desk, with a shot glass in his grasp.

"Daddy?" Daniel whispered from the glass double doors.

"What?" Zach's voice was sharp.

Zach had been going downhill ever since his wife's death, he never use to drink. He use to happy, he use to love spending time with his sons. But he's hurting more then anyone else.

"I- I can't sleep" Daniel stuttered.

Daniel was the most sentimental sibling. He gets upset very easily. He once had to be bought back home from preschool because he accidentally spilt a drink on another child, and he felt extremely guilty about it.

"That's not my problem" Zach told his son, as he took another shot.

"Daddy-" Daniel tried to speak.

"Enough!" Zach screamed.

Daniel was visibly scared of his dad. He hated when people yell, but he was terrified when his dad raised his voice.

Daniel immediately ran to Jack and Corbyn's room, and he threw open the door in tears. Corbyn and Jack looked up from their phones and saw the distressed six year old.

"Dani" Corbyn jumped from the top bunk and embraced his crying brother. "Don't cry. Was it a nightmare?"

Daniel shook his head as he cried into his brothers shoulder. Corbyn picked up Daniel as the tearful boy wrapped his arms around his older brothers neck.

"What was it, bud?" Jack asked.

"D- dad- daddy shouted at- at me" Daniel cried.

Corbyn kept his arms wrapped tight around his brother as he continued to cry. Corbyn soothed his younger brother, but then they heard Jonah's little footsteps run down the corridor.

"Jack, go get Jonah please" Corbyn whispered, as he rocked Daniel, who was half asleep in his arms.

Jack nodded, as he gently picked up Jonah and bought him back into the boys room. Corbyn was still standing up, as he heard the light snores of Daniel. Jack laughed as he had Jonah in his lap, as Jack sat on his bottom bunk.

Corbyn gently placed Daniel on the top bunk, Corbyn's bed. Jack was gently rocking Jonah back to sleep when their dad came crashing through the door.

"Why aren't you asleep?" Zach slurred slightly.

"Daniel woke us up by crying, the same with Jonah" Corbyn gently told his dad.

"He's such a stupid boy" Zach growled.

Jack looked at his older brother, only to see his facial expression starting to turn into anger. Only in these passed three months had Zach started to drink a lot more. Which infuriated the two oldest boys. Their younger brothers weren't their responsibility, as much as they do love them.

Jack had quit the baseball team. Corbyn stopped attending all his extra school clubs. The boys wanted their lives back, they weren't even in high school yet.

"Dad.." Corbyn sighed. "Why don't you go to bed? I can call Aunt Reese or Uncle Rya-"

But Corbyn was cut off by his dad slapping him across the face. Jack gasped as he held Jonah tighter to his body. Daniel was still asleep, thankfully. But Corbyn stood their, emotionless.

"You need help"

Was all that escaped Corbyn's stunned lips.