Five years to live

Parent(s): Corbyn and Christina
Jonah: 16
Gabbie: 13
Tatum: 12
Daniel: 9
Jack: 6
Zach: 3/4

Four years ago Corbyn had diagnosed with brain cancer. Next week, was Christina and Corbyn's youngest sons 4th birthday. When Corbyn was diagnosed, Christina was two months pregnant with Zachary Besson.

Corbyn went through all of the treatments, but he only ended up getting worse. Corbyn made the difficult decision to stop his treatment just after Jack turned five.

When Corbyn first got diagnosed, he was given five years to live with treatment. But that was long term survival.

Corbyn, Jonah and Gabbie were up after Zach was being put to bed by their mom.

They were wrapping Zach's birthday presents on the kitchen floor when Corbyn suddenly stopped.

Jonah and Gabbie looked at their dad, confused.

The two oldest children's eyes widened when their dads eyes rolled into the back of his head.

He began to seize.

His arms hit his chest, Corbyn's legs jerked out and his head nearly hit the tiled floor.

But Jonah placed his hands under his dads head as he screamed for help.

"Mom!" Jonah screamed. "Mom! Help!"

Gabbie had her phone out, as she timed her dads seizure. Christina ran into the kitchen, as soon as she saw the situation she knew she had to call 9-1-1.

"Gabbie, go upstairs and keep an eye on your siblings. Don't tell them what's happening" Christina told her thirteen year old daughter.

Gabbie obeyed as she ran upstairs and to her younger siblings. Christina grabbed a pillow from the lounge and replaced Jonah's hands with the soft white pillow.

"Jonah, call Grandma and tell her to come here. I'll call the ambulance, how long has your dad been seizing for?" Christina quickly asked, as she took out her phone from her back pocket.

"A minute or two" Jonah pushed away his tears.

Ten minutes later and Corbyn's mom arrived at the house. She walked into the kitchen to see paramedics trying to stabilise her son.

"Saskia?" Christina gently asked.

"You go, honey. Make sure he's okay" Saskia pulled in her daughter- in- law into a tight hug. "I will look after the children. Update me whenever you can"

Christina nodded as she followed the paramedics and her husband into the ambulance. It immediately set off, the loud sirens and illuminating lights shot through the night sky.

Without thinking, sixteen year old Jonah wrapped his arms around his Grandma. Tears streamed down the boys face as he cried.

"Dads going to be alright. He has to be" Jonah cried.

"Of course he will. He's been battling brain cancer for four years. He isnt going anywhere anytime soon" Saskia whispered, as she hugged her grandson back.