Chapter Eight

"Hey! It's Maya, just leave a message."

The lines that keeps on repeating when I tried to contact Maya. I wanted to talk to her, I wanted to clear everything to her. I can't let our friendship end this way because of my wrong intentions.

Another five attempts but I always end up voicemails. I don't have a choice so,

"Maya! I know you're busy or should I say, I know you still hate me. I'm so sorry, I just wanted to talk to you and clear things up. I hope you will forgive me or talk to me."

Ending my voicemail to Maya that left my heart so heavy. Later that day, I went to my porch and sit there while giving myself a little relax. When my phone rang,

"Hello?" I answered excitedly.

"Hey! You seemed so excited." I checked the caller ID and it was Jana. "What are you expecting?" She added.

Another victim just called me and I can't keep another lie on her too. I feel so guilty.

"Jana, are you home?" I asked her.

"Yup!" She answered, "Why?" She added.

"I wanted to visit. I need someone to talk to." I said.

"Okay! Feel free to come." Jana said smiling from the other line, "Casper can't wait to see, aunt Arielle." She said.

I left a smile but still the heavy weight in my heart is more dominant than my excitement to meet my nephew. I wanted someone to lean on. Getting myself ready, I just grab my white shirt, a baggy ripped jean and a pair of converse then my hair into a messy bun and I'm off to Santa Monica.

Just one hour after, I finally arrived. I parked the car and when I get into their house, Jana and Casper, where left home while Luke is at work. I get a little bonding time with Casper till,

"By the way, what do you want to talk about?" Jana asked, while she is helping Casper to sleep since it's around twelve thirty in the afternoon.

"Hmmm… I guess it's was the toughest one." I said forming a little smile. "I'm actually having a hard time to tell everyone about it." I added.

"Go on!" Jana said, "Oh! Just a second, reserve that after I make Casper sleep." Jana added smiling.

After minutes, I waited at Jana on the living room while I play with my phone when I heard steps on the stairs and finally it's, Jana. She jumped off to the sofa,

"So! What we have here?" Jana said giving me her warmish smile.

I can't! My tongue is stuck I can't speak everything to her. Why did I even did that silly thing, now I'm suffering on how to give justice for myself. I look at Jana and just smile like a kid,

"Are you sure you need something to talk about?" Jana asked while her eyebrows meet.

"Okay! So…" I have to be honest with Jana she's a family and a sister to me. I can't live with lie. "Jana?" I called.

"Yes?" She said paying attention to me.

"I have something to tell you and promise me you won't hate me." I automatically said.

"I promise!" Jana said raising her right hand.

"I lied…" I paused, "I lied about Roran." I said and put my head down feeling so devastated for myself. "The day that I woke up from coma, I actually remember him…"

"Wait! You mean, you pretended the whole time telling Roran as Adam but you literally knew that it was him?" Jana said seemed shocked. I nod. "Why?" She added

"Because…" Okay! I'm saying this. "Because I… I like him already and the moment we went to Canada for a business trip, something happened…"

"Oh my gosh! You and Roran did…"

"No!" I extremely insist on what she is thinking. "Nothing happened between us like sweat and you know." I said and she just smirk to understand what I mean. "He kissed me… But I feel so guilty for him because while he was kissing me, I remember Adam, who is at that time already married with Chloe and I can't bare the fact that I love Roran when my head is still stuck with Adam." I said explaining everything to her.

"I understand." Jana simply responded. "You just don't want to shade another color of how you feel about Roran." She added leaning her back at the sofa.

"Yea, I guess?" I said.

"You know what, though it's been one year ago that passed. I still appreciate how you became honest with me…" She smile and paused while I hugged her. "If you really love Roran, you have to say it. Love doesn't live of how long you've known each other but of how you live together for a moment." She said still hugging her.

"The problem is… I don't know where is Roran." I said. "I tried to ask Lana, Brenda and everyone from work. They always end up giving me the same answer." I said.

"Hmmm…" Jana murmured and was thinking of something, "How about you ask Maya?" She suggested.

"Yea! How? She doesn't want to talk to me after I said to her about my lie." I said stunned.

"Oops! That's awful." Jana simply said, "Wait… Wait… Wait!" She said, "I remember something, while I try to get something from your office last year. I heard accidentally Brenda and Stella talking about London. I'm not sure if that's about Roran or anything, but maybe." She added.

"What did you get from my office?" I asked curiously before I jump to other terms.

"Mom told me, okay. She told me to get something that will help you recover and maybe anything from the office will also be a helpful, so I get the frame with your workmates." Jana explained.

"Okay! Explain valid." I said. "London?" I said being interested now, "I'll try to catch a conversation with Brenda or Stella about London." I added.

After Jana gave me a little information but still under investigation. So what am I now a crime scene investigator? Funny!