Chapter Seven

Arielle's Point of View

Spending the day with Maya in the office since Stella gave me the spot for the company. I can't believe to still be given a chance to work again, I went to my office after one year. I stare at the table and everything that was left in my table I wipe the dust that covers my logs when I saw this piece of paper above my table. It's a handwritten letter that says,

"Hi, Arielle! I'm sorry if I kissed you while we are in the middle of our business trip, but I hope I just said it before I did what I did. That I'm starting to like you."

I stare at it and knew it's from Roran. The handwritten and everything. The memory flash backs over my head that keeps me smile but chills. When I continue to read the whole letter my eyes stuck with the line, "That I'm starting to like you." Made my heart beat stop for a second and realized I am actually reading it and this is not a joke.

"Knock! Knock!" I slowly turned around and saw Maya leaning on the door frame. "What's that?" She curiously asked.

"Hmmm… Nothing! Just a piece of old papers." I defensively said.

"You miss your office?" Maya said looking around. I just nod and smile. "You need some help to clean the whole place." She added.

"Not really, I can do it by myself. Maybe from little to little." I said smiling.

"It's up to you, I'm just suggesting." Maya added.

"Maya?" I called. Maya turned her face to me and smile while waiting for my words, "Have you heard anything from Roran?" I instantly asked.

"Hmmm… Arielle, I know you are so feeling confused and at the same time curious about where or what happened to Roran but… It's his words that to never told anyone where he is." Maya explained.

"Why?" I asked. "Is he referring to me?" I added being so desperate to know.

"No! It's not like that." Maya said. "Roran just can't…"

"Okay! Besides I don't have the right to know it anyway." I said disappointedly.

"Hey!" Maya said holding my shoulders and gave me an eye to eye contact, "Roran, just can't dare the fact that you remember Adam instead of him after your coma." Maya said straight to my face.

That was after my coma. Yes! It was an epic situation. But what makes it more epic? I lied.

"I lied." I simply said and skip a glimpse on Maya and sat on the sofa still looking down.

"What do you mean?" Maya asked curiously.

"The moment I woke up that day…" I paused and Maya sit next to me, "That's the most regretting thing I've ever did to Roran." I added then tears start to fill around my eyes.

"Arielle?" Maya called seemed worried.

"I'm sorry! I lied about not remembering Roran. The day I saw him, I just fake that. I knew it was him, I just pretend that I don't because I can't get the fact that I like him too and the moment he kissed me on the park at Canada is so guilty pleasure because I don't know…" I paused, "I'm so confused at that point, I feel guilty kissing him but my brain says Adam." I said and sob.

"You called him Adam just because of that?" Maya said feeling disappointed. "You lied to everyone, Arielle!" She said.

"I know!" The only word left in my mouth.

"After the whole time, you let Roran suffered of thinking just to make you better but all along you became fake around him." She said, "Roran is my friend too but you didn't let his efforts worth appreciated." Maya said left out of my office with sobs.

I can't believe I finally said my deepest regret in one year of living. I lied to my family, friends and to the guy that made me feel special everyday but all this time I just didn't appreciate his love and care. I'm so selfish to realize how Roran invested for me, for us.