40 | the doctor is in

Y/N sat in the examination room as her son was laid out on the table holding his arm. They were at his football game and got tackled to the ground and he wouldn't get up. Out of her mother instincts she rushed him to the doctors office so they could put her poor baby in a cast.

"You okay baby?"

"I'm fine mommy it doesn't hurt anymore it's just turning purple."

She kisses his forehead taking out the turf that got stuck in his hair. Anakin had already taken the X-rays and now they are just waiting for his doctor to come in and give Y/N the 411 even though she already knows what's going on.

Before Y/N gave her baby boy another kiss, the door opens and the doctor rushes in with her son's X-ray. He was tall, caramel, nice built, and a smile to die for.

"I apologize for the wait things in the office have been crazy. I'm Dr. Powers, Dr. Hernandez had a family emergency to attend to."

"Hi my name is Anakin and this is my mommy."

"Well hello Anakin that's a pretty unique name there like the character from Star Wars right?"

"Yeah that was my dad's favorite character before he left us", Anakin said getting sad.

"And you said this was your mother, I thought this was your sister", he smiles towards Y/N.

Of course her cheeks tint to red and she pushes her the glasses she had on her face.

"I believe you haven't told me your name yet."

"I'm Y/N Anakin's mom."

"It's nice meeting you."

He walks over to the light box pulling out Anakin's x-rays for them to view.

"There isn't nothing major he just had a simple fracture meaning that no other soft tissue was harmed. It's just a transverse fracture meaning it just went straight across the bones but little man should be alright. He will have to wear a cast for six weeks though."

"Does that mean no more football?"

"Just not for the rest of the season baby."

"Awe."

"It's going to be alright little man those six weeks are going to go by super fast."

"I hope so."

"Let me just go get the stuff to install his cast", he smiles at Y/N.

Because she is a nice person, she smiles back. As soon as the door opened Anakin pops his head up smiling at his mother.

"Anakin I know what you're doing and I do not approve of it", she smiles.

"But mommmmyyyyy you haven't been with anyone since dad left I'm just trying to make you happy."

"Anakin you don't know if he has a girlfriend or he's married."

"Mommy if he was in a relationship he wouldn't be looking at you the way he was."

"How do you know that", she crosses her arms.

"Mom I'm a boy I know a playa when I see it."

"Wait-"

Dr.Powers knocks open the door again walking in with all of the supplies that he needed to put Anakin's cast on. He also had a nurse come in and help him just to hand him stuff.

"What position do play in football?"

"Wide receiver."

"Really that was the position I played too."

"How long did play?"

"I started playing when I was eight and stopped once after I graduate high school so I could be focused during undergraduate and more schooling."

Anakin nods his head as he watched the man wrap his arm in numerous layers of glaze on his arm.

"So did you play any sports when you were younger?"

Y/N mind was in another word until her son called for her.

"I'm sorry I zoned out."

"It's ok I asked did you play any sport when you were younger?"

"I ran track."

"I can tell", he smiles.

Anakin saw the exchange between the two and just went ahead and said it.

"Dr. Powers are you in a relationship?"

"No I am not."

"My mommy is not in a relationship either."

Y/N snap her neck towards her son getting ready to hush him until Keith started laughing.

"What's so funny?"

"It's cute that he's trying to be the little match maker I mean I wouldn't mind going on a date or few with you."

Anakin was smiling really hard watching the conversation between the two go down.

"The answer is yes my mommy would love to go on a date or few with you she's free on weekend nights."

"Anakin!"

"Am I lying?"

Y/N laughs and her and Dr.Powers stare at each other for a while. He blushes and gets back to finishing up Anakin's cast.

• • •

After everything was completed Dr. Powers escort the mother and son out to their car to make sure they were alright.

"Alright little man you take it easy with that cast."

"Ok!"

He walks around the driver's side making sure Y/N got in ok.

"And as for you I will call you later tonight."

All she did was smile and say ok because she knows he going to look through Anakin's profile for her number. Also he might check up to see how Anakin is doing with his cast.

"Are you free Saturday night?"

"Yes."

"I want to see you I'll text you details."

"Bye Dr.Powers."

"Bye little man, bye love."

Y/N blush due to the new nickname and pulls out of the parking lot.