13 | correctional officer part 2🐝

It was just another day at the prison and another long night shift for Keith. Ever since Y/N's first day, Keith has been obeying her wish to not speak to her, but he did stare at times. He noticed that she was losing weight due to her not eating, she cut her hair short in the prison salon, and she finally received her navy attire.

It was recreation time, which Keith hates looking over because a fight always break out. He place his hat on his head and coat over his arms since it was a little chilly out.

Stepping through the doors he sees all of the prisoner playing kickball, basketball, or yoga with the older ladies. Everything seemed claim and he was doing cartwheels on the inside for that.

He stares ahead as he saw Y/N at a table playing chess by herself. Knowing how some of the inmates have their clique and are somewhat mean to newcomers, he decided to join her for one game.

" Mind if I join you?"

" Go ahead."

She started rearranging the pieces on the board starting off a new game. Y/N let Keith be the white pieces because she was feeling nice. As the game went one Keith would ask her questions, only getting a one word response from the young girl.

" So I heard you have a son."

This made Y/N make eye contact with CO Powers.

" Before you ask, words gets around very easy among prison. How old is he?"

" Well now he's nine months."

" Do you miss him?"

" What kind of question is that, of course I miss my Cameron. My little Cam Cam ", she smiles.

Keith heard her sniffle and saw her wipe tears from her eyes. He pulled out a handkerchief from his pocket and gave it to Y/N.

" Thank you."

" Why did you take the blame for him?"

" Because I love him."

" Sweetheart he doesn't love you though. He shouldn't have let you take the wrap for him and took his sentence like a real man. If I was your man, I wouldn't let you even spend a night in a horrible place like this...checkmate."

Keith got up from the table going to the north end of the field to converse with other officers leaving Y/N stunned.

▪ ▪ ▪

Today was a special day, because Cameron and her aunt were finally coming to visit Y/N. She had been in a good mood all morning which cause the other prisoners to be happy too.

Keith had escorted her to the visiting rooms and her excitement kept growing. Seeing her babyboy she rubs over to the table giving her aunt a hug.

" Hey auntie."

" Hey my baby ", she smiles.

Her aunt and Y/N start to catch up and she tells her how the prison life is. Aunt Sheryl is only person Y/N has when it comes to family. Her parents died in a car accident when she was eight and Aunt Sheryl been taking care of her ever since.